Need to know how to grill Asparagus

W

wheelterrapin

The wife wants me to grill some aspargus for dinner tomorrow and I have never done this before. Need some input from the Brethren on how best to do this. Thanks

I make a foil boat and put some butter in it, hit it with a little salt or g garlic, cook till tender. done deal

I just put some olive oil on the spears, salt and pepper and toss them right on the grill grates. When they start to brown, just roll them and repeat until done. Doesn't take long...

Are U saying that you seal them up in tin foil of leave the top of the boat open?

Olive oil, sea salt, pepper and garlic for me. I just put the spears on the grate and grill until done.

as keale stated, season after EVOO and right on the grate, 'bout 2 - 4 minutes direct. any longer and they're history.
I grill 'spears all the time.
DSCN0924.JPG
DSCN0925.JPG

DSCN0928.JPG

GOOD LUCK!

EVOO, Salt, pepper and another great use for Simply marvelous Cherry Rub! We have become addicted. Just keep your eye on them and don't let them burn.

I lay four or five of them side-by-side and stick a toothpick through them - kind of like an aspargus raft. That keeps them from rolling all over and sometimes dropping between the grates. Put some EVOO on them and sprinkle with a little sea salt...and grill.

Do you guys break off the lower part of the stem where it is the hardest or cook the whole thing?

Olive oil, sea salt, pepper and garlic for me. I just put the spears on the grate and grill until done.

Start a few strips of bacon. Grill it, set to the side and grill the asparagus as above with olive oil, salt and pepper. Wrap the asparagus with the bacon and serve.
jon

Start a few strips of bacon. Grill it, set to the side and grill the asparagus as above with olive oil, salt and pepper. Wrap the asparagus with the bacon and serve.
jon
surprised it took this long for bacon to come in. A little fresh shaved Parmesan cheese works great too.

What Grail said except I prefer garlic salt and a bunch of fresh crushed garlic in with the oil!

If you do the bacon, don't try wrapping it first and grilling it, it may catch fire... Don't ask how I know :tsk:

Do you guys break off the lower part of the stem where it is the hardest or cook the whole thing?

Yes...break off the bottom of one stalk...it will break off about 1 inch
from the end when you bend it. Then just cut the same amount off the
others.

Like everybody says....Olive Oil, salt, pepper and maybe some Parmesan
Cheese just before serving. I only grill them for a few minutes; I like
them to have just a little crunch, rather than them being really soft.

I steam mine for about 4 minutes, then give it an ice bath. Then I toss it in olive oil, S&P and garlic. Grill to desired doneness on the outside, and you don't have to worry about the inside being done.

My favorite way to grill asparagus: Melt about half a stick of butter, add some olive oil, course salt and black pepper, then squeeze the juice of a lime into it. Toss the 'sparagus in it, throw it on the grill just until it starts to wilt and has some marks on it, basting once with the rest of the mixture. You want to almost "stir-grill" it. Good stuff, my crew can eat a ton of it done this way.

Back