Brisket - Here are the pics Bob

Fatback Joe

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Well, I had a couple of things that I wanted to try with a brisket injection so I picked up a cheap select packer on Thursday and cooked it up today. Lots of hard fat on this one, so I really trimmed it more aggressively than I normally do.

I could probably call this an Okie brisket since I used Lotta Bull's Red Dirt for the rub and Butcher's BBQ product for the injection base. Figured I would just use this one for lunches for a couple of days so didn't worry much about making it pretty or anything.

Glad I wasn't too worried with the tenderness since before I was ready to pull it (still some resistance on the probe) we decided to go out to eat. I decided to just cooler it and let it wind up however I wound up. Mostly just the injection outcome that I was concerned with anyhow.

Anyhow, here is the "proof"

Just a bit under 14 lbs.

100_0117.JPG

Trimmed up almost to the point and flat being separated.

100_0119.JPG.jpg

Rub on

100_0122.JPG.jpg

End Result of the flat......point is back on now for burnt ends. Pics to follow if I remember.

Slices.jpg.jpg

I wanna see the burnt ends!!! :shock:

Well, how was the tenderness, and where are those burnt ends? :biggrin:

Nice looking flat.

But I guess the burnt ends didn't happen

They happened, but no pics to prove it.

When you got a good buzz going and a fresh batch of burnt ends, pics don't come to mind. :shock:

I guess I can take a shot of the plastic bag that has a remaining few in it. :mrgreen:

Yeehaw!! Looking damn good there, Joe. I can't wait to see the b-ends. Nice ring too. Now I'm hongree!!

Good lookin Brisky, so I take it this was an experiment with the injection ? How was the outcome ??

They happened, but no pics to prove it.

When you got a good buzz going and a fresh batch of burnt ends, pics don't come to mind. :shock:

I guess I can take a shot of the plastic bag that has a remaining few in it. :mrgreen:

been there done that, it's not that hard to forget pics at the end:| sometimes i don't post anything because I totally forgot the end pics

BTW, nice brisket. I waiting for my batch of mix!

Thanks for posting the pron!

Back