American Royal Weather?

Rub

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Any reliable generalizations to be made about the weather during the first weekend in October for KC? Trying to decide on what I will bring to set up my camp with (trailer or EZ-Ups). Particularly concerned with wind and rain. TIA from FL.

History says that it could be hot, dry, wet, cold, windy and change at any time. More than one canopy has launched there over the years. I'm sure a lot of people are in the same boat this year with fuel prices!

Early October in KC has average highs around 70 and lows around 45-50. http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/outdoors/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/USMO0460?from=search

Last year it was 90 during the days and very windy (from the south) our orange hazzard fence kept blowing over, and it rained on Sunday during the awards. The year before it was about normal and I was huddled up next to the fire box in the middle of the night.

Could be hot with a south wind, could be chilly with a north wind, could be nice with just a little westerly breeze. And sometimes it rains. I know that's not telling you much, but it's hard to say what the first week of October will bring.

Like Bobby said, for the first week in Oct the avg high is 75, avg low is 55, record high is 90, record low is 39. Normally this area is fairly dry in October with nice days and cool evenings, but we've sure had some heavy thunderstorms that can come up also....

Look forward to seeing you here,

As Seinfeld would say, "If the 5-day forecast was accurate, they would only do it once every 5 days."

History says that it could be hot, dry, wet, cold, windy and change at any time. More than one canopy has launched there over the years. I'm sure a lot of people are in the same boat this year with fuel prices!

The forecast I saw called for warm temperatures with occasional reach-arounds!:twisted:

Seriously, in Missouri the weather can change drastically from day to day. It would be best to be flexible in your plans if possible and check the long range forecast closer to the contest time.

Hope to see you there!

I go to the race each year down there (same time of year)... Would plan for the worst and be pleasantly surprised....

Thanks for the info guys. I kinda figured that's what I would hear. Sounds like if it would just be "normal" it would be a great weekend, weather-wise.
Looking forward to seeing everyone.

About 4 years ago, it even snowed mixed with rain if I recall correctly.

Back