Canopy for my Shirley Patio

Looks great and seems to function well... it's also a gonna be a fine sail. :shock:
Good luck with it!

The weight of the pit will help keep it down! Not sure if the roof decking will remain intact, though. Does look like there's a pretty good windbreak on the three sides we can see. It might be just fine.

Yup, used some 40-4317 (8020.net, https://8020.net/40-4317.html) 90 degree pivot brackets. I can just about have the entire roof vertical...almost (not that there is a need for that extreme). It bottoms out just before on the warmer, hence you can catch a glimpse of a rubber bump stop I added.

The 80/20 stuff is really nice - kinda pricey, but it makes for a very clean look and installation. I have a distributor a couple miles from the house, I'm trying to avoid the spontaneous combustion of my wallet.

Great job on the design and fabrication!:clap2:

Looks great and seems to function well... it's also a gonna be a fine sail. :shock:
Good luck with it!

The weight of the pit will help keep it down! Not sure if the roof decking will remain intact, though. Does look like there's a pretty good windbreak on the three sides we can see. It might be just fine.

Yeah, time will tell. Never going to keep it vertical, was just showing how much it can articulate, likely going to keep it with just a slight pitch to keep the precipitation rolling off the backside. The 1200-1500#s the pit weighs will anchor it well, but the roof may “waffle” in the wind and get tweaked. If a storm is predicted, I’m planning to anchor the corners with some 2x4s that go to the ground, I have a bunch of t-nut fasteners pre-installed to make attachment easy and secure. Keep your fingers crossed for me! Lol

Back