Last practice pics before Wildomar

Bigmista

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I'm trying to get it right y'all. Mrs. Mista will strangle me if I make her taste anymore BBQ. The neighbors are happy though.

What do you think?

SDC11140.jpg

SDC11143.jpg

SDC11147.jpg

SDC11149.jpg

Last minute tips? Judges?

Neil, the only tip I can give you is to leave room in the van for the trophies!

NUTZ. CBJ

I think I want to be your neighbor & possibly become a CBJ so I can taste that.

That chicken looks great! What temp did you finally settle on - closer to 310 or 325+? Ribs look great as well. Nicely done!

Ended up being 275 to 295 on the ranch kettle.

Note to self: Sell house, move to Long Beach, California and be Neil's official BBQ taster. :cool: That looks great Bro.

the food looks great..it may help if you put it in a box..:crazy:

looks like a solid cook!

Damn that chicken color looks incredible. Nice work.

If it tastes as good as it looks, then I think you're in for a good day.

You,v e got it. They both both look outstanding. Good luck in AZ. keith

Thanx guys!

I think I have a process I can repeat now. Let's hope the judges are impressed with it.

I have a feeling you are going to do very well this weekend. Looks great Neil!:clap2:

Just call me Mr. Rogers - won't you be my neighbor?

It all looks great - those thighs are outta control!:thumb:

Looks great. My only suggestion would be to try for a darker color for the chicken skin. As it is they look nice, and obviously the bite through is there, but they don't really look bbq'ed. A darker skin would also mean more flavor.

Looks great. My only suggestion would be to try for a darker color for the chicken skin. As it is they look nice, and obviously the bite through is there, but they don't really look bbq'ed. A darker skin would also mean more flavor.

I pulled them at 182. Don't know how I could get them any darker without drying them out.

The color looks a lot more red to me than your other attempts. Is that just the camera, or did you make a change this time? In any case, they look great! Good job bro!

Back