Elk Grove Ribfest IL 6/13-6/14 - Updated with Results

Lets see if i got this right.....

The Smo Sco's will be getting their MoJo on in the Mo ho??? :shock:

2 Skinny Cooks will be there!

Looking forward to seeing everybody again! We'll be travelling a bit lighter than last time due to the short deadline to tear down and get out. I think we were the last ones out of Westmont!

So will Captain Ron!

Party in the Smo Sco Mo Ho!

Huh?

Bbq Bubba said:
Lets see if i got this right.....

The Smo Sco's will be getting their MoJo on in the Mo ho??? :shock:

Yo, Yo Bro - the Smo Scos get their MoJo in the Mo Ho - :icon_devil

........oh no!!!

I will be judging there and will stick around to hopefully see some of the brethren walk.

I'll be there... They had a few teams drop out and now have 36. So if anyone is looking for a contest this weekend..... They have some spots available...

Scottie

I'll be there... They had a few teams drop out and now have 36. So if anyone is looking for a contest this weekend..... They have some spots available...

Scottie
I offered to judge this one but he said he had way too many judges..now i know why..anyway Ill be up on Friday night..see ya then Scottie

GC-Smokin clones
RGC- Capt. Ron's Brew n crew....:eek:
3rd- Smokin Scotsmen...
Congrats to a 2nd and 3rd by the Brethren!!

Big congrats to Ron and Tonto!
Ron-were you able to carry that grill back with that huge trophy in your hand?

GC-Smokin clones
RGC- Capt. Ron's Brew n crew....:eek:
3rd- Smokin Scotsmen...
Congrats to a 2nd and 3rd by the Brethren!!

Thanks, Bubba! Not that I am being picky, but it's Captain Ron's Brew-n-Que. They called our name wrong all day. But at least hey were calling our name!

Big congrats to Ron and Tonto!
Ron-were you able to carry that grill back with that huge trophy in your hand?

It was a little hard to steer with the trophy and very had to steer with the Kettle on my lap :-D

I don't remember too many of the details and I am still in shock, but here is what I remember. Tonto or Bud can fill in some of the blanks...

GC - Iowa Smokey D's BBQ (Darrin and family form the Smokin' Clones)
RGC - Us! R-farking G-farking C!
3rd - The Smokin' Scotsmen

Congrats to Bud and Theresa on three or for walks (I lost count) and third place!

We also took 7th in chicken, 4th in ribs and 1st in Brisket! My pork was over cooked so we tanked there.

Besides the trophy and cash the RGC included a Weber One Touch Silver (just what I need, another grill :-D) and I think I remember someone saying that we received a free entry into the same comp next year.

Hopefully someone with more energy will post the full results. There were other Brethren present, both cooking and judging. The Two Skinny Cooks (Dann and Diane) were there as well as Billm and Scotty and we got to meet Zabor and his wife.

Back