SPECIAL - BBQ Brethren "Kentucky Derby Food" Throwdown!

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Banner.gif
For the next two weekends, we wil be observing the Kentucky Derby with...

[size=+2]"Derby Food!"[/size]
1214093946KY_Derby1.jpg

No, this picture does not mean the category is horse meat!

Caseydog sent me this idea. In order to keep him from thinking I'm not listening to him, I thought I better put this out there..:becky: His idea for it was, well, I don't know, I wasn't paying him any attention.:becky:

Since this is a SPECIAL Throwdown, the winner does not get to pick the next category.

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

Since this is a SPECIAL Throwdown, the winner does not get to pick the next category.

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 4/27 through Sunday 5/6.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 6 a.m. Central US Time on Monday morning 5/7.

By submitting entry photos to this Throwdown thread you are agreeing that you have read and understand the Throwdown Rules.

The voting will begin Monday 5/7 after the "Vote" thread is submitted and will run through Sunday 5/13. All votes will be public.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Oh, and since this is a SPECIAL Throwdown, the winner does not get to pick the next category.

I'm confused... :confused:

Does the winner get to pick the next category? :tongue:

The concept is Derby Day party food. Derby Day is big deal for some people. They dress up in vintage attire, and eat all kinds of traditional foods -- and drink mint julips.

However, I figured the first thought to enter the mind of a whack-a-doodle would, of course, be horse-meat. :rolleyes:

BTW, I didn't actually "pick" this TD, since my two recent wins were "Special" TDs. I just had an idea one day for a Special TD, and told bigabyte, and he was off to the races. :becky:

CD

Last edited:
The concept is Derby Day party food. Derby Day is big deal for some people. They dress up in vintage attire, and eat all kinds of traditional foods -- and drink mint julips.

However, I figured the fist thought to enter the mind of a whack-a-doodle would, of course, be horse-meat. :rolleyes:

BTW, I didn't actually "pick" this TD, since my two recent wins were "Special" TDs. I just had an idea one day for a Special TD, and told bigabyte, and he was off to the races. :becky:

CD

CD, I don't care what anyone says, I think you picked a winner from the starting gate. :becky:

I'm sure it will be a photo finish.

Sent from my Reynold's Foil Hat using Boil-A-Rib 2

So, once all the entries are in, are there going to be odds posted for bets?

Mine will have the most remote chance of winning.:D

Sent from my Reynold's Foil Hat using Boil-A-Rib 2

Can't wait to see which farker is going to enter boiled jockey shorts cooked like a brisket :tsk:

"Derby Food" I'm in and I found me a loophole :whoo:

I mean really what the fark do I know about Mint Julius (is that like an Orange Julius but green :noidea:)?

I can't fit a horse on my grill and would probably go to jail :fear: if I smoked a Jockey :cop:.

FARK!!!

So I Googled Kentucky Derby and believe it or not it only returned one hit but oh boy was it a good one. :clap2:

bl_demo_derby.jpg

The food is so much better at this derby and they even have the more common Orange Julius. :thumb:

CD, I don't care what anyone says, I think you picked a winner from the starting gate. :becky:

I think the odds are favorable we will see some good food assert itself on the backstretch.

CD

Can't wait to see which farker is going to enter boiled jockey shorts cooked like a brisket :tsk:

Actually, I could wait a lifetime, not see it, and be just fine. :shocked:

CD

I Googled Kentucky Derby and believe it or not it only returned one hit but oh boy was it a good one. :clap2:

bl_demo_derby.jpg

The food is so much better at this derby and they even have the more common Orange Julius. :thumb:

Looks like a great place to take a cousin on a date. :heh:

CD

Back