Lowell MA Cancelled

Q Haven

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Just saw this on the NEBS boards, too bad.

How do you cancel a whole town?

If my grandfather was alive he'd be sad to learn his hometown had been canceled.

Well thats unfortunate ! I guess that the 2008 Version of Frezze Your Butt Off will now have to be a Qualifier and Jack Draw Event !

Figures. I had just exchanged emails last week with the organizer and now they cancel this week? I wonder what they are trying to say? :roll:

Figures. I had just exchanged emails last week with the organizer and now they cancel this week? I wonder what they are trying to say? :roll:
I guess you must of really pissed them off.....:rolleyes::biggrin:

I guess... After the first email he said that someone else was going to be running the contest and I should contact that person... I should of taken a hint...

Well thats unfortunate ! I guess that the 2008 Version of Frezze Your Butt Off will now have to be a Qualifier and Jack Draw Event !

I'd be OK with that.

Too bad about Lowell, but from what I hear Harvard is a great venue for the MA state championship.

From the organizer:

The entire Rib ‘N Brews Festival was cancelled, not just the BBQ contest. There was reorganization at City Hall, and it appears they decided that the Festival was too marginal financially. It was not a money loser, just not profitable enough to justify the amount of volunteer labor used.

Jim

Back