BBQ Brethren "Cooked With Booze" Throwdown!

IMG_4831.jpg

Very original... You should copyright this before someone steals your idea! :mrgreen:

This does appear to be the weekend for multiple entries. This is a modification of an old recipe. We rolled up a nice rack of ribs, tied them and seasoned with Foil Hat. The inside was lined with sausage.

IMG_4793.jpg

It just didn't look like a mug without a handle, so we made one out of a T-bone. I sent someone to the store to pick one up and he came back with three. He claimed that he just couldn't decide which would be best :crazy:. The meat was going to be in the way, so we trimmed that off and disposed of it appropriately, then grilled up what we really wanted.

IMG_4839.jpg

The ribs were cooked with a nice glaze. Then began the assembly. We finished with a homemade Belgian style ale for this one (we may have meatless bones but the house of e-gore always has homemade beer)

4862a.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Your making me both thirsty and hungry with that:clap2:

Bigabyte mentioned this TD after I already posted this so I'm doing a double post. Hope I'm not stepping in it by double posting.
I will just post the pics and leave the rest on the original thread.

I will say these are my first ribs in the UDS. I made Roxy's Rib Glaze and my cider vinager was bad, so I doubled up on the bourbon.

Apple wood. RO Lump, Oakridge competition and HDD. followed up with Roxy's Rib Glaze.

for more details, follow the thread above.

Enjoy, I did :-D
SANY2773-1.jpg

SANY2774-1.jpg

SANY2779-1.jpg

SANY2780-1.jpg

SANY2781-1.jpg

SANY2782-1.jpg

SANY2784-1.jpg

SANY2795-2.jpg

SANY2796-1.jpg

SANY2797-1.jpg

SANY2799.jpg

SANY2800-1.jpg

SANY2802-1.jpg

SANY2803-1.jpg

SANY2804-1.jpg

SANY2805-1.jpg

SANY2806-1.jpg

I'm really glad to see those posted over here.:cool: They look so damn good.:hungry: Don't worry about double posting in here, you can copy the same post if you like.

I'm really glad to see those posted over here.:cool: They look so damn good.:hungry: Don't worry about double posting in here, you can copy the same post if you like.
I got spanked for that on another site

icon1.gif
Hasenpfeffer
My home bro kazion raises a few things over at his place, one of which is rabbit. He was kind enough to throw a couple of hind quarters my way. So I figured I'd try my hand at hasenpfeffer in the DO.
hp21.jpg

Set the DO with all the coals on the bottom for some frying.
hp18.jpg

Fried up some bacon, and then added some onion and garlic
hp16.jpg

Once the onion was soft, I removed the bacon, onion and garlic and set aside. Floured up the rabbit and browned it up.
hp19.jpg

hp14.jpg

hp12.jpg

Once browned, the rabbit was pulled out of the DO and 1 1/2 oz cognac was added and reduced by half.
hp13.jpg

To the cognac I added beef stock, 2 oz red wine, 1 T red wine vinegar, and some thyme, rosemary, juniper berries, cloves, crushed peppercorns, a bay leaf and home made mulberry jelly(didn't have any currant), and the onion mixture. Tossed the rabbit back in and simmered for 1 1/2 hours or so. Set some coals on top
hp11.jpg

hp10.jpg

While it was simmering I made up some red cabbage
hp8.jpg

Gettin close
hp6.jpg

Plated up with the cabbage and some boiled red skin potatoes, and the gravy, along with some more bacon on top. This was some dang fine stuff! Please use this shot, and thanks for looking.
hp4.jpg

___

This contest will end on Sunday night 4/15 at Midnight Central US Time. This way anyone who gave up alcohol for Lent has a week after Easter to get their entry fixed up.:thumb:

We'll probably be hitting that booze when we're doing the taxes anyway.

Cooking With the Master: Episode XIV, Spooky Tenderloin at a Distance

I'm guessing that I blacked out from drinking too much of the wine?:confused: I don't remember cooking this, but from looking around at the dishes, i have reason to believe it did happen.

What follows is a recording made by the FCC of an unauthorized pirate transmission over United States airwaves, which is currently under investigation

Master: Ladies, Gentlemen, Gooood Eeeeevening! And welcome to "Cooking with the Master," a show about cooking. I ... am the Master! Joined by my temporary technical assistant Gunter and my newly acquired mind-controlled sous chef bigabyte, I will demonstrate revolutionary advances in BBQ Science. The topic of this week’s show is Remote Cooking; specifically making BBQ food in one part of the world, and using my own new technology to instantly transport that delicious food to people in another part of the world, who otherwise would not be able to eat BBQ...or even another part of the universe entirely!

Gunter: Herr Master, bigabyte hass prepared ze fire as eenstrookted.

Master: Exxcccccellent! By now my trusty assistant Gore has properly prepared the remote receiving device, as I so precisely instructed earlier.

Bigabyte: uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

Master: Gunter, are you absolutely sure we have bigabyte completely under our control?

Gunter: Vizzout any doubts vootzoever, zere iss no vay hiss foil kan weeztand our Kool-Aid Jammers....err...oops, I mean, our mental powers are to stronk for heem to rezist! He just seems to make zat sound a lot. Joost eegnore it.

Master: Gunter, that accent...tell me...are you really from Alsace?:twitch: On second thought, never mind, let's get on with the show.

Master: First, before showing off my new device that will revolutionize the food delivery service, let's get bigabyte to make some food. Bigabyte! Please butterfly a beef tenderloin and fill it with a mushroom and blue cheese mixture, using mushrooms sauteed with a merlot and beef broth.
r_IMG_1382.jpg

r_IMG_1383.jpg

r_IMG_1384.jpg

Gunter: Vow, hiss knife skills are very soospeckt.

Master: Indeed.

Gunter: Herr Master, don't forget ze bacon!:hungry:

Master: Don't be foolish, I would never forget the bacon! Bigabyte, the bacon please!
r_IMG_1385.jpg

r_IMG_1386.jpg

Master: Now bigabyte will cook this on his kettle grill.
r_IMG_1387.jpg

Master: While that is cooking, let me begin to describe to you the revolutionary technology I have developed that will allow this food to be instantly transported from this location, directly to Gore at a secret, remote location tucked away somewhere in either Europe or Eastern Tennessee. This technology is designed using...

Gunter: Herr Master, eet eez done!

Master: What?:confused: That's impossible! Nothing can go that fast, not even light!

Gunter: Look Herr Master!
r_IMG_1388.jpg

Master: Amazing! Gore and Ninja Squirrel never cook that fast!

Gunter: Ja, but Gore never follows your eenstrucktionz perfectly.

Master: This is very true. In that case, turn on the transporter device! By this time, Gore should have turned on the receiver on his end, and is prepared to receive the food.

Gunter: Ze device iz ready Herr Master.

Master: Now, place the food within range of the beam.
r_IMG_1393.jpg

Master: And now my mind-controlled servant bigabyte shall pull the lever that will trigger the beam and transport this food to Gore!

ZAP!

r_IMG_1396.jpg

Master: FARK!:doh::doh::doh:

Gunter: I don't sink it vorked right.

Master: Well, at least Gore won't go to hell today. Quickly, we better leave, move quietly and act like nothing happened...

Gunter: Zat's a wrap!

Bigabyte, this entry of yours looks oddly familiar...I know I've seen it somewhere...:roll:

Here is my Cooked with Booze entry, a Maple-Bourbon Glazed Ham.

I went to the Cincinnati Reds Opening night game so I was starting this at 11:30pm so the bourbon paste that I applied to the ham is not documented but here it is all bagged up as it sat all night in the fridge.

Maple-BourbonGlazedHam1.jpg

Next up was to put it on my new UDS with some hickory. This was the inaugural cook for my UDS.

Maple-BourbonGlazedHam2.jpg

Then I mixed up a mop that I hit the ham with every hour.

Maple-BourbonGlazedHam3.jpg

Next came the glaze which was put on the ham twice in the last hour of cooking.

Maple-BourbonGlazedHam4.jpg

And last but certainly not least the finished product. I present to you, the judges my Maple-Bourbon Glazed Ham.

Maple-BourbonGlazedHam5.jpg

Please use the last photo for the TD entry.

Thanks for looking!

Back