MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-18-2019, 04:54 PM   #31
BuffaloDave
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : David

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacrX View Post
Ironside and LSG are both great options. I have the LSG, nearly bought the Ironside previously.
Same here. I would have went Ironside but the wait was longer. Absolutely love my LSG though.

What's the most you've loaded it up? Gonna do a big cook in under a month, brisket, ribs, chicken. Gonna have to try and fit 9 packers, curious how much more fuel I'll burn
BuffaloDave is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-2019, 05:44 PM   #32
pjtexas1
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloDave View Post

Gonna do a big cook in under a month, brisket, ribs, chicken. Gonna have to try and fit 9 packers, curious how much more fuel I'll burn
The large? 9 briskets will probably fit on 2 racks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The 2019 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Planning Post! (Link)
pjtexas1 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2019, 07:09 AM   #33
BuffaloDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjtexas1 View Post
The large? 9 briskets will probably fit on 2 racks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Just went out with a 16 pounder and I think 3 15lb+ packers per rack, 12 is the most that would comfortably fit at once.... you say 18? Maybe if they are thin and you use the extra racks?

Also going to be doing 500 chicken legs and either a ton of ribs or belly burnt ends....can't decide. Gonna be a blast!

Old 07-19-2019, 07:59 AM   #34
WoodBBQ
Found some matches.

Name/Nickname : Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloDave View Post
Same here. I would have went Ironside but the wait was longer. Absolutely love my LSG though.

What's the most you've loaded it up? Gonna do a big cook in under a month, brisket, ribs, chicken. Gonna have to try and fit 9 packers, curious how much more fuel I'll burn
BuffaloDave - so aside from the wait time you would have gone Ironside? What was the main things you liked about Ironside over LSG? I just got my text that my Ironside build should start in about a month.
WoodBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2019, 12:26 PM   #35
BuffaloDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodBBQ View Post
BuffaloDave - so aside from the wait time you would have gone Ironside? What was the main things you liked about Ironside over LSG? I just got my text that my Ironside build should start in about a month.

I liked the option to go full wood, and the design looked nice. All's well that ends well though I wouldn't trade my lsg now!

Thanks from:--->
Old 07-20-2019, 01:29 PM   #36
WoodBBQ
Found some matches.

Name/Nickname : Wood

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and opinions.
WoodBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-23-2019, 03:39 PM   #37
Porcine Aviator
Full Fledged Farker

There are a growing number of high quality verticals out there now, and I think that is a good thing. While I tired of baby sitting my offset all day, I was hesitant to try yet another new design of smoker. Nothing I have ever used held a candle to the offset, but old age nudged me toward convenience and one more shot at nirvana.

After some adventures in the selection process ( half the fun), I settled on the Cascade Que Deville and it changed my smoking regimen entirely. The ease of use, quality of the build and finished flavor, furnished the trifecta I have searched for. All this, while I slept
peacefully through the night.

I think the insulated reverse flow vertical is the single best advancement in smoking in decades.

Have fun.

P.S. Offsets make great planters.

Thanks from: --->
Old 07-23-2019, 07:09 PM   #38
boogiechillen
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcine Aviator View Post
There are a growing number of high quality verticals out there now, and I think that is a good thing. While I tired of baby sitting my offset all day, I was hesitant to try yet another new design of smoker. Nothing I have ever used held a candle to the offset, but old age nudged me toward convenience and one more shot at nirvana.

After some adventures in the selection process ( half the fun), I settled on the Cascade Que Deville and it changed my smoking regimen entirely. The ease of use, quality of the build and finished flavor, furnished the trifecta I have searched for. All this, while I slept
peacefully through the night.

I think the insulated reverse flow vertical is the single best advancement in smoking in decades.

Have fun.

P.S. Offsets make great planters.

The reviews from you and luv2smoke were a big part of me buying a cascade. Not a lot out there on them.
Weber Jumbo Joe
Homemade UDS
boogiechillen is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 07-24-2019, 07:40 PM   #39
CBO2126
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Any of y’all with the mini have a picture of it fully loaded with meat?