Fri. night NY Pizza on BGE- ...so good !!! (pics)

MilitantSquatter

Reaction score
Brought the temps down a bit to approx 575 degrees on the BGE. Well under 10 minutes...rotated halfway through

same ingredients as most of my others - fresh dough from one of the better pizza shops, crushed San Marzano tomatoes, fresh mozzarella & grated grana padano cheese, basil, & extra virgin olive oil.

Came out great.. perfect weather.. so my wife and I sat out on the deck in backyard and ate it with a bottle of wine...

Thanks for looking

Last edited:
Ah c'mon, you took those pictures at Varasano's, admit it! :wink:

Looks great! I've had my best results between 550 and 575 using a Lg.

With the dough and sauce combos I've tried that seems to be the sweet spot for me, so far.

Great looking pie.

I love to cook Pizza on the BGE.

Good looking Pizza! I'll have to try cooling mine down bit maybe.

Brought the temps down a bit to approx 575 degrees on the BGE. Well under 10 minutes...rotated halfway through

same ingredients as most of my others - fresh dough from one of the better pizza shops, crushed San Marzano tomatoes, fresh mozzarella & grated grana padano cheese, basil, & extra virgin olive oil.

Came out great.. perfect weather.. so my wife and I sat out on the deck in backyard and ate it with a bottle of wine...

Thanks for looking

Great looking pie. NOTHING better on this planet than enjoying mother nature with someone you love... and a little vino. Thats what life is all about.

Damn nice, Vinny. Was that a quick rise or extended ferment?

Outstanding looking pizza pie Vinny.
Thanks for the temp. tip.
If time permits here would love to try and give a pizza a try on my Lg. BGE soon.

Great lookin pie. Care to share the dough recipe with an expat?

Thanks for the comments so far.. appreciated !!

sorry guys... as noted in my original post, I didn't make the dough from scratch.

Still haven't dropped the $$ on a mixer. Sooner or later I'll buy one, but for now I'm where Poobah has been.... A bit spoiled in that there are a number of really good pizza places locally (we have bad ones too) that sell their high quality pizza dough for like $3 each...saves a lot of work and cleanup.

Thanks for the comments so far.. appreciated !!

sorry guys... as noted in my original post, I didn't make the dough from scratch.

Still haven't dropped the $$ on a mixer. Sooner or later I'll buy one, but for now I'm where Poobah has been.... A bit spoiled in that there are a number of really good pizza places locally (we have bad ones too) that sell their high quality pizza dough for like $3 each...saves a lot of work and cleanup.

We're in the boat as you basically. I'd love to get a mixer but picked up really good dough tonight locally for two 12" pies for 3.00 ...it makes it pretty easy.

Great looking pies btw!

Great looking pie there Vinny. Time for me to get back to making pizza....

That is restaurant quality pie! Is there anything a BGE can't do?

Awesome! :clap2:

Back