Fatty vs SPAM

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I have to know. SPAM vs Fatty. Bride is judge and rules committee.
Question for her was,”if this day forward I only cook one, which would you like?”
Her answer, “ love both but SPAM is almost too rich”
Both seasoned with Albukirky Green Chile Rub
Fatty wins.

Last edited:
Gotta say I’d be torn too, but I always have sausage on hand so I’m going with it. But I do love smoke spam.

Gotta say I’d be torn too, but I always have sausage on hand so I’m going with it. But I do love smoke spam.

SPAM vs Fatty was a success
A sausage challenge may be next. She likes the milder German/Texan, not Texan Chorizo. Like me she likes the raw that we cook ourselves. We are blessed to have a few excellent local sausage companies. For me the casing can be key regardless of taste. Though I’m not opposed to peeling like a banana pre/post cook. I prefer no cheese in mine, she is neutral to positive. Slovacek Jalapeño Jack is precooked, but Sam’s package when available is huge so we seldom buy it if Kielbasa’s 100% Beef is an option. They’re out of San Antonio. Personally I attempt to avoid mechanically separated chicken, msg and sugar with sausage which leaves out a lot of available commercial hot links. But I don’t always have my readers. I mean I go ahead and cook/eat those, just an attempt at point of purchase.

Cheers-Stay Isolated But Entertained

Last edited:
Tough choice for sure because both have their finer points, but then again, you didnt make the choice any easier, they both look fine!

I love smoked spam but I cut it into 1/4” slices prior to smoking if I am doing sandwiches. I always have a few cans on hand.

I love them both but I'm siding with the Bride. SPAM is very rich (still excellent) but I choose the fatty. Nice job.

Back