UDS input damper

jifop

Found some matches.
Hey guys, I've been reading the forums for a while and recently made my own UDS but I was wandering has anyone considered using a duct damper as a way to control the air flow into the UDS? I know they are galvanised but I assume the input doesn't get too hot and it could be separated from the heat using a silicon hose or similar!

I wandered because for very little money you can get a 100mm single input control valve!

Something like this
$_12.JPG

Thanks chaps!

I am sure it would work. My concern would be the robustness....If often bumped my ball valve, usually toward end of cook when adult beverages are involved.

threaded nipple and ball valve will easily screw in with proper sized hole....tough as nails and probably cheaper than replacing damper a time or 2

No I have not seen that done but here are my reasons why I wouldn't do it. 100mm is a pretty dang huge intake for a drum. I would also worry about it sealing tight when closed to properly snuff out the flame. Most air ducting doesn't close up very air tight. But you can always try it.

Thanks guys and fair enough! I will probably just go for ball valves when I Eventually remove the magnet covers!

Back