What Would You Do?

FatBoyz

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
What would you do it you where at a comp and you where derected to your site by a comp rep and all set up trailer level and everything unstraped.... then thay come to you and say you must move ... your in there bar having a drink so you say" il do it as soon as i finish my beer"thay say we can move it for you! You say " YEA right go for it"...
Then your friend sitting next to you says there goes your trailer... you look out and low and behold it is your trailer on a tow truck.... all your chit is in a pile and your cords are draging behind.And no this is not a hypathetica Question. Let me also say this was not me but a very respected cook.

I would be upset, but if he really did say "Yea right, go for it" he did give them permission, sarcastic or not :-D Still, they shouldn't have done it unless it was blocking access or egress for emergency vehicles AND there was an emergency.

Before becoming a smartass, I think I would have at least gone outside to find out why they wanted me to move and where they wanted me to move. After getting all the answers to my questions, I could very well shift into smartass gear.

• Thanks
Reactions: G$
this was already discused i was shorting the story some there was no reason to make him move!thay could have moved the othe guy who was not even there! andit was them that sent him the map showing his site witch was where thay put him !!! another clarical error i guess...

If this happened just say what team and what contest so the rest of us know to never attend that contest again. Save us all the hassle of dealing with mouth breathing idiots like this. please

i was told it is ok to say who ... it was mark bourne team name The Heat is on... Dells comp

Personally would have replied "as soon as I am done with this beer" however if they wanted to move it themselfs at that point I would have started out to see what was going on why and if I was instructed to set up there.

i was told it is ok to say who ... it was mark bourne team name The Heat is on... Dells comp

This seems like a good signal to everyone that this contests shouldn't be bothered with...didnt they try and include gift cards and trophies in the prize money and now towing people's rigs?

Everyone should just stay away from this contest in support of contests just being straight with the teams.

1st off I need to know something.

did the competitor just set up or did the organizer show them were to set up when they got on site? how long were they set up?

I have gotten to a comp with a map in hand and found that I was moved because of electric issues etc....thats why I always have the organizer place me where they want me to avoid anything like having to set up tare down and start over again.

I think its bullchit to mess with some ones equiptment and should not have been moved/towed. I hope nothing was damaged.

I must a be a nice guy cause I would have walked away from the beer and tried to work with organizer.

Sal

I think its bullchit to mess with some ones equiptment and should not have been moved/towed. I hope nothing was damaged.

I must a be a nice guy cause I would have walked away from the beer and tried to work with organizer.

Sal

I agree on both counts. Nobody is going to move our trailer/equipment except us, no matter who is right or wrong.

i guess im a hardnose... if someone hooks up my trailer that is NOT ready for transport, meaning all is unstrapped and flying around...and drags it and my equipment around the site needs to be prepared for some not to pleasant NY attitude.

IMO, if they placed me there, and im unpacked and set up, they need to make other adjustments. To knock down again, and setup somewhere else is alot of work.

This sounds like one side of an emotional story. Rather than jump to conclusions and raise a lynch mob, I'd be inclined to hear the other perspectives directly from the parties involved.

This sort of inflammatory hearsay post often leads to a lot of hard feelings, sometimes for little reason. Go easy now, y'all.

this is from the peoples mouth.. many saw it and most knew what happend... it was a stupid thing to do. he was derectid to park there it took him an 11/2 to get all set up and level... this was yet another dumb azz thing at this comp...

This sounds like one side of an emotional story. Rather than jump to conclusions and raise a lynch mob, I'd be inclined to hear the other perspectives directly from the parties involved.

This sort of inflammatory hearsay post often leads to a lot of hard feelings, sometimes for little reason. Go easy now, y'all.

Well unfortunetly that is what happened. They didn't give him a chance to move it they just did it. Anyone who knows Mark can just imagine how pissed off he was. They dragged off his custom featherlight trailer without any regard. Good Luck to them next year getting teams back.

Not sure they would have any say in the issue but Mark should at least let the KCBS office know what happened with this.

this is from the peoples mouth.. many saw it and most knew what happend... it was a stupid thing to do. he was derectid to park there it took him an 11/2 to get all set up and level... this was yet another dumb azz thing at this comp...

thank you for answering my question. Since he was directed to set up there they had no right to touch anything of his for any reason (not that there is ever a reason)! sounds like this comp shouldnt happen again. any idea of what the kcbs reps said about it?

And something I didnt see mentioned here was this happened on THURSDAY .

That must have been a pretty big beer, or a pretty fast moving "repo crew". It is almost unbelievable they were prepared to move someone else's trailer that fast with what essentially amounts to no advanced warning.

Back