Wamac IL contest May 2

Ford

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Anybody got info on this contest? I sent an email to Shane. Looks like about as far as MT Vernon for me at 438 miles each way. I'm thinking about it rather than making 2 trips to KC in May. I could leave my trailer in KC but looks like I'll need the truck at home so I'd still have a drive just no trailer to pull. 880 miles with trailer = about 1400 miles without so diesel cost is a net.

Got any idea if you're going to this one? Anybody heard what the prize money is?

Saw a flyer on Basso's site, not much info.

I'm not sure if there is much money for a big hitter like yourself Ford... ;-)

Now you are making me look on the map and see where Wamac is...

Scottie

Ford, we were thinking of going but he said he was going to have 3K in cash and prizes. I dont know if we are going now. And it is only about 15-20 miles west of Mt.Vernon

I'm not sure if there is much money for a big hitter like yourself Ford... ;-)

Now you are making me look on the map and see where Wamac is...

Scottie
Everybody knows I'm not in it for the money just the fame and glory. My big goal for this year is to finish ahead of A team members at contests. So if 3 A teamers show up my goal is to beat 2. I know it's unrealistic to think I can beat all of you but i'll settle for most.

And Wamac is too far away for you. :p

Ford, we were thinking of going but he said he was going to have 3K in cash and prizes. I dont know if we are going now. And it is only about 15-20 miles west of Mt.Vernon
Dang. Maybe I can bottom feed. Got to learn from the Shigs boys on how to find 1st year 15 team deals so you get in the draws. :biggrin:

I'm going to be itching to cook by then...

but your'e right. Money is nice, but it's not what drives me..

Everybody knows I'm not in it for the money just the fame and glory. My big goal for this year is to finish ahead of A team members at contests. So if 3 A teamers show up my goal is to beat 2. I know it's unrealistic to think I can beat all of you but i'll settle for most.

Let the smacktalk begin!!! I love pre season...:twisted:

Come on down to Madison and beat up on the P-Team. I havent taken a class so come and take me to school. I fear not! :)

Were gonna be itching to cook by May. We might make the trip.......Michigan Mafia vs The A Team...sounds like fun to me.....

Oh well, I mean, if we want some side bets or something... ;-)

You guys are going to have to join the Illinois BBQ Society...

See you on Sunday.

Scottie

Why? Does it have a section on Smack Talk?? :p

Any chance you caught my message and scored some Lienekugels Northwoods Lager when you visited Kate and Alex yesterday??

I didn't drive past any stores that were selling beer.

Sorry, as I was going to get some for myself as well.

We'll be there...

...of course its practically in my backyard. Shane is working really hard to put on a good contest. He's capping the teams at 25 and says he'll be giving back 100% of entries as prize money...and is looking to add more as sponsors get on board...so, looking at $5000 minimum.

Wamac is between the Salem and Mt. Vernon contests (geographically). 65 miles east of St. Louis.

If we can band together to help him make this a good contest, it'll be back even bigger next year!

Let's Pow-wow in Wamac to kick-off the KCBS season in Illinois!

BTW...Scottie, thanks for the Illinois BBQ Society plug.

Last edited:
well, with all the contests that they are planning on cooking in Illinois, they might as well join. You've been pro-active for our cause Rhino.

I wasn't planning on making a trek down, but I might have to...

Scottie

It's a cause for all of us. Just trying to help spread the love of excellent 'que. :)

Woo hoo!!! I just realized I am now a FARKER!!!!! About farking time...

Scottie...when I grow up I want to be a Full Fledged Farker like you! :)

Congrats!

Carpe 'Que,
Jim

Back