Preview: The Ultimate BBQ Showdown

:clap: Go deh Bigmista! Big tings!

Cheers

Go Bubba, Go Mista!

BTW, Bubba is also a member of brethren, although he doesnt post often any longer....

If it's KCBS, I'm guessing Bubba. IF there's a hog in there, I guess I gotta bet on Myron... Then again, I wouldnt count out either of the other two!! Seriously, on any given day..... But, Bubba has really been on a roll. Hell, I saw them literally trip and dump a chicken entry (his wife). Luckily he didnt' kill her. She came back, they wiped off the box, threw more chicken in it, and darned if they didnt get 2nd place in chicken and GC'd the whole darned comp.

Thanks for the info. Just marked it on my calendar.

Thanks for the heads up. I will be watching.

in all seriousness who do you think the target audience is for this show? I find the time slot, 2PM on Saturday a bit odd, certainly not the best time if you are trying to draw an audience of competiton cooks or judges.

I saw that John claimed something to the effect early estimates indicate possibly the largest audience ever, and while I hope that is the case, I'm just wondering where they are coming from.

When I was at the NBBQA conference in March, Ray Lampe and Chris Lilly said this was one of the best "put together" show. This has the best judges and teams out there. Hmmm, guess we know where the new toy Bigmista just took home came from....DVR being set, I am at a competition that day. Good luck Bigmista!

DVR being set, I am at a competition that day.

That was the point that I was trying make, I think many of the potential viewers may not be around to watch. Does anyone know how it works for ratings if something gets DVR'd? It would certainly suck if a really good show gets cancelled because we are all watching it on Tuesday night.......

That is a terrible time slot. We will also be at a comp and I don't have dvr. I guess I will have to watch it IF it is ever repeated. I was really wanting to see it too.

That was the point that I was trying make, I think many of the potential viewers may not be around to watch. Does anyone know how it works for ratings if something gets DVR'd? It would certainly suck if a really good show gets cancelled because we are all watching it on Tuesday night.......

From what i know they add the DVR totals to the ratings.

Here it's not listed under The Ultimate BBQ Showdown, it's CBS Sports Spectacular - so be careful when you search for it -I almost missed it since I was searching on the name for the DVR.

Attachments

• IMG_1481.jpg
    IMG_1481.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 217
Ill second the post above. We were looking for it last week to set the DVR and missed it for that reason. Glad to get it set correctly now!

Back