Rain - attire at comps

Big George's BBQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Looks like I get the pleasure of my first Comp. in the rain. All I have is a rain jacket. What do people generally wear. I know you get wet but I would think there is something better than a jacket and sneakers

rain jacket or poncho should work.

Some improvise with a large garbage bag with holes cut out for arms to go through with a hat.

if you don't have good boots or crappy sneakers, just put plastic shopping bags over your sneakers secured with rubber bands...so they don't get too muddy.

I see a lot of shorts and Crocs at contests - often in the wearers favorite college team colors. Like 'em or hate 'em, you can't argue with the convenience of being able to just hose off everything from the knees down when the ash, sauce and grease start flying.

Be careful of anything vinyl or plastic if the exterior of your cooker gets hot. A gust of wind and you'll be scraping melted goo off that firebox. Personally, I go with a wide brimmed hat to keep the rain off my face and sufficient extra dry clothes. That way if the weather turns ugly I either stay under the EZUP, in the trailer or just say the hell with it and change into spare duds later.

That all depends, ask anyone who competed in Fairbanks Indiana what was done for the rain.....oooooops, flood, oooooooooops, State of Emergency....

Actually, as long as it is not too bad, just a poncho and hat goes along fine.....take care of the feet though....

It has rained at every comp we have done this year. I take a hat, pair of mud boots, extra socks, a water resistant jacket, lots of towels and a bottle of Jack to keep me warm.

So far this season we've been rained on, and hailed on at two comps. We're such big wusses, we throw an extra canopy over the cookers when we can. I'm a dainty flower and will put on a jacket, but VQ just rocks the flame shirt and Crocs rain or shine.

Hopefully George, I'll have us covered for this weekend,, I've been lucky so far with no rain at comps except for maybe alittle sprinkle here and there,, but we'll have the 10x20 with all the sides on if need be, plus a 12x14 over the cooker to help with that. I plan on bring extra socks and extra shoes,, may even throw in my big yellow concrete boots..lol..

rain jacket or poncho should work.

Some improvise with a large garbage bag with holes cut out for arms to go through with a hat.

Yeah, something like this.

WTF??? someone always has a camera at the most farked up times.

Attachments

• P8190891.jpg
    P8190891.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 204
I'm rigging for Woodstock 2008 this wknd. Friday night I'll stay dry, warm and serious. Saturday I'll drink plenty of antifreeze and get naked in the mud.

Fark it... most times, rain is the only shower I get at comps so I learn to live with it. Besides, as DivaHerself said, it has likewise rained on us at EVERY contest this year as well.

I'm rigging for Woodstock 2008 this wknd. Friday night I'll stay dry, warm and serious. Saturday I'll drink plenty of antifreeze and get naked in the mud.

i think my minds eyes are bleeding. :eek:

*hands PooBah a bottle of Brain Bleach and a wire brush*

brainbleachtb7.jpg

Rain? At a contest? I don't understand...

All we deal with is wind and farking freezing temps. I mean who wants to sleep outdoors when it's in the low 50's?!?

Im in the same boat as Mista. Rain at a comp????????

all we get is sun and wind.

Don't forget fire. We missed the wildfire at last year's Viejas comp by a few hours.

Rain I would have loved rain at my first comp. It was the hottest 2 days of the year, Temp overnight dropped all the way down to 93 degrees.

Looks like I get the pleasure of my first Comp. in the rain. All I have is a rain jacket. What do people generally wear. I know you get wet but I would think there is something better than a jacket and sneakers

Hey George this will be our first real rainy comp too. That is, IF we get the rain - I'm still holding out hope. Hanna may head out to sea or even wait until after turn in's.

Tom

No way, I'm doin the rain dance. Last time we had the wet stuff, we did well, so I'm hoping it pours!!!

Did I mention I'm a glutton for punishment??????:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Teri's right, maybe I should have my head examined, although the doc may not like what he sees in there:icon_shock1::icon_shock1::icon_shock1:

i stop by a hunting store looking for a Cot, found rain gear on sale so i picked up jacket and pants looks like yellow gear for fishing or something. i take that for the rain but yet have had rain since i bought it at comps

Back