old video...still bad a$$

Pepin is one of my many cooks that inspire the way I cook. Thanks I hadn't seen that vid before

Turducken

I saw a video of a guy at Hebert's debone the turkey, duck and chicken in a similar matter. Only he did the whole turkey in about 60 seconds...Now that I've seen the technique, I've gotta try it.

Thanks for posting this. That guy is amazing. I really like the trussing and just recently learned that from the culinary textbook "On Cooking". I used it on a pork tenderloin and it works great.
Watching it makes me want to try that, then stuff it with Boudin and Bacon, then throw that on the smoker with some apple and peach wood. MMMmmmmm...my arteries are cringing in fear. Ha ha

It is a shame the Food Network has nothing close to this and that is what most people define as a "real chef" because they see them on TV. Thanks for sharing, this is brilliant and makes cooking an art!

That was so freakin awesome! I wonder if could serve a deboned chicken in and IBCA contest?

Great video. Thanks for posting. Going to have to try that one for sure :thumb:

very cool and simple. Thanks for posting the possibilities are endless

It's been about 6 yrs, but I've done whole deboned chickens. Here are two of them on the left side in my old Pitts & Spitts offset.

Last edited:
Back