Ronelle's Pron-filled Fatty Tutorial...

Been thinking about it... guess I'll try a naked fatty this weekend when I have the beef ribs on...
Oh, you most certainly should! It is affordable, relatively fast and will calm the hungry masses while you bring your ribs to perfection!

Been thinking about it... guess I'll try a naked fatty this weekend when I have the beef ribs on...

n23cor.jpg

I am sure it is good, but unless I am cooking for someone else, we'll stick with the spicy JD. Sweet maple just sounds wrong...

Nice tutorial. I want to point out that if you start with a low fat sausage log, it'll turn out pretty dry. So go with the regular stuff. I tried several low fat versions and the result was always on the dry side.

Great, my doctor will appreciate that.

I am sure it is good, but unless I am cooking for someone else, we'll stick with the spicy JD. Sweet maple just sounds wrong...

Try it. If you don't like it you can send it to me :becky:

Two are going on this afternoon, before the chicken. Thanks for all the information on smoking them. I figure 2 hours around 250, with some hickory chunks put in a snake, then some more charcoal to grill the chicken.

Here are my first two, about an hour in, between 250-275.

HHdVnArhKZYeWNbWsPb6pU1jQmfhkKz3xrBuQo1Sh8o=w370-h653-no

The snake method is really working well for my 22" kettle. Less than a third has burned off in an hour, keeping the temp steady.

HC2PUiZbzEwP0O-7rrJ-JdYMUC_pAJNm0vtADNJvoIE=w370-h653-no

I like my fatty on biscuits with a spot of pancake syrup!

I like where you're going with this, Bob...but I've become a huge fan of the Fatty, Egg, and Cheese (on a biscuit or a bagel, if you must).

Mrs. ShadowDriver would completely jump onboard with your breakfast selection, but she's got a sweet tooth a mile wide.

I like where you're going with this, Bob...but I've become a huge fan of the Fatty, Egg, and Cheese (on a biscuit or a bagel, if you must).

Mrs. ShadowDriver would completely jump onboard with your breakfast selection, but she's got a sweet tooth a mile wide.

Don't forget the pepper jelly!

One does not stuff a fatty. A fatty stuffs something else.

Gonna give it a go.

I've been threatening to smoke a fatty for a while to my hubs.
He is now demanding it. Hitting AC for the weekend so I won't be around but definitely next weekend.
I'm thinking of doing one naked and one stuffed.

Looking at doing a fatty for super one day what else would you put with it. For we do not eat breakfast very often but we want to try one.

One day here and I have already learned about a new delicacy.

Winning.

My work here is done :becky:

Looking at doing a fatty for super one day what else would you put with it. For we do not eat breakfast very often but we want to try one.

How about breakfast for dinner? You could make breakfast sandwiches, slices of fatty with eggs and potatoes, fatty benedicts. Lots of choices.

Or a fatty benedict sandwich :-D

PC290227.JPG

Also, a fatty makes great fatty gravy for biscuits and gravy!

You can also use JD Italian and use it in spaghetti sauce or on a pizza.

Dammit, Ron. I just ate breakfast and now I'm hungry again...

I seem to remember cowgirl making a particularly enticing fatty benedict sometime in the last 4-6 months... (they're starting to blur together).

Fatty makes a tasty appetizer

Fatty makes a great "slider" on a small bun

Fatty can be crumbled and added to yellow rice

Fatty goes well with brussels sprouts

Fatty can be added to a gravy and served over egg noodles

Um ... gotta go. I have two fatties to smoke!

Ron you should probably make this thread a sticky so its easily accessed by new members and fatty virgins!

We have too many stickies already. It's listed in the QTalk roadmap thread, which is a sticky.

Back