Nothing grand but you know you want it. Sunday Pot Roast pr0n :)

htrisna

Take a breath!
Feeling like some comfort food on sunday, so I decided to pull a 3 lb Choice Rib Roast out da freezer, and rub with onion and garlic powder, fresh ground tellicherry black pepper and Sea Salt.
PotRoastCook-03.jpg

Since it's a small cook, I don't bother with the firebox. Set up snaking lumps and chunks in the charcoal pan inside the pit with the middle void
PotRoastCook-01.jpg

Put my roast on a rack, with a CI pan underneath filled with beef broth, and sliced onions
PotRoastCook-04.jpg

Pulled it out at 140F and let it join the rest of the gang (celeries, carrots, herbs de provence) in the crockpot for 4 more hours
PotRoastCook-05.jpg

PotRoastCook-06.jpg

Coming out of the crockpot
PotRoastCook-07.jpg

This is how I like my Pot Roast, warm and falling apart
PotRoastCook-08.jpg

I love "pot roast" since I starting smoking the beef first like you did :grin:

Great Job!!!

Good Eats

TIM

Stellar! :thumb:
Did one with a couple small chuckies a few weeks ago myself. Love smoking the beef then panning it with the veggies for the remainder.

What do y'all think is your favourite cut for Pot Roast? I loved this Costco choice rib roast but I don't think I can always afford it.

Stellar! :thumb:
Did one with a couple small chuckies a few weeks ago myself. Love smoking the beef then panning it with the veggies for the remainder.

Mine is definitely the chuck. Great beefy flavor. Having said that, I do have a nice ungraded boneless rib roast in the freezer that would lend itself perfectly for a pot roast. I used portions of it for chili awhile back that came out wonderful.

Back