THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

htrisna

Take a breath!
Feeling like some comfort food on sunday, so I decided to pull a 3 lb Choice Rib Roast out da freezer, and rub with onion and garlic powder, fresh ground tellicherry black pepper and Sea Salt.
PotRoastCook-03.jpg

Since it's a small cook, I don't bother with the firebox. Set up snaking lumps and chunks in the charcoal pan inside the pit with the middle void
PotRoastCook-01.jpg

Put my roast on a rack, with a CI pan underneath filled with beef broth, and sliced onions
PotRoastCook-04.jpg

Pulled it out at 140F and let it join the rest of the gang (celeries, carrots, herbs de provence) in the crockpot for 4 more hours
PotRoastCook-05.jpg

PotRoastCook-06.jpg

Coming out of the crockpot
PotRoastCook-07.jpg

This is how I like my Pot Roast, warm and falling apart
PotRoastCook-08.jpg

I love "pot roast" since I starting smoking the beef first like you did :grin:

Great Job!!!

Good Eats

TIM

What do y'all think is your favourite cut for Pot Roast? I loved this Costco choice rib roast but I don't think I can always afford it.

Stellar! :thumb:
Did one with a couple small chuckies a few weeks ago myself. Love smoking the beef then panning it with the veggies for the remainder.

Mine is definitely the chuck. Great beefy flavor. Having said that, I do have a nice ungraded boneless rib roast in the freezer that would lend itself perfectly for a pot roast. I used portions of it for chili awhile back that came out wonderful.

Back