Best way to brine multiple Turkeys

olflathead

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Whats the best and EASIEST way of brining multiple birds? Would it be possible to go breast side down in a large cooler and fill with brine and ice, or at least get the breast under brine. Just a thought.

Whats the best and EASIEST way of brining multiple birds? Would it be possible to go breast side down in a large cooler and fill with brine and ice, or at least get the breast under brine. Just a thought.

Depending upon the size of your cooler,.... Yes I have a large marine cooler for fishing and I can probably fit 4 large turkeys in it, but I only brine 3 in it. 1 for the oven, one smoked, and 1 fried. Our family gatherings are large.

For easy clean-up use Stark Disposable Cooler Liners. They also have Disposable 5 Gallon Bucket Liners.

I believe they have a special running????

Last edited:
We always do four, four different ways, oven baked, smoked, cajun and fried, but all are brined and we do them in our marine cooler with brine and plenty of ice to maintain temp. Happy thanksgiving! BTW we really prefer 10 to 12 pounders, young un'

That looks like the same cooler I have smokedawg. How much brine did u use to cover?

Thanks for posting this question I have to do multiple birds two times between now and Thanksgiving.

Should you add more brine when brining 2 birds? Ive only brined 1 at a time in previous years. Should I double my ingredients or is this not necessary?

Back