royal oak side kick brands

LT72884

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I went to walmart to check out some christmas stuff. I always check charcoal isle. Found a bag that was branded "backyard grill" which is a walmart brand according to package. However, on said package was the logo of the ridge design royal oak uses. Exact same picture to. Looks like pillos and says ridge above it. Same pic appears on embers brand as well. so i take it that backyard grill is just royal oak but branded for walmart?

Thanks

Yes, you are correct. They also supply the house brands for Family Dollar and Hannaford Supermarkets, a NE US chain.

Sure is. Never used the Walmart stuff, but have burned plenty of the Academy re-brand. Kind of an off smell IMO, but that doesn't keep me from using it when on sale.

See thats what is odd, the package that is branded royal oak and branded embers has no off smell but yet the acadmey one and family dollar one does.... Do they have to have different formulas for each brand?

If you go to homedepot.com and search for embers charcoal, they havr the newest msds for royal oak briqs. According to msds and some other sites, royal oak and embers is charwood from hardwood, sawdust and then a calcium based product. So no ingredients to cause issues.

I think i am going to buy embers brand and royal oak from now on.

Royal Oak also makes Kroger's store brand charcoal. I buy the Kroger Lump. The price is right, and it is Royal Oak lump.

CD

Royal Oak also makes Kroger's store brand charcoal. I buy the Kroger Lump. The price is right, and it is Royal Oak lump.

CD
awesome. kroger is sold here at smiths food and drug so i should be able to get it.

I used the Embers from Home Depot today for the first time. I didn't notice any bad odors. Seemed like it produced less ash. It has Royal Oak on the back of the bag. The Wal-Mart bag does not but I don't know if that means that Royal Oak doesn't make it.

Kroger lump is good stuff. Just found out yesterday that RO made it, which is probably why I liked it.

I used the Embers from Home Depot today for the first time. I didn't notice any bad odors. Seemed like it produced less ash. It has Royal Oak on the back of the bag. The Wal-Mart bag does not but I don't know if that means that Royal Oak doesn't make it.

looks like i will be buying a bag or bags very soon. thanks for the input

Embers Charcoal

According to msds and some other sites, royal oak and embers is charwood from hardwood, sawdust and then a calcium based product.

I think i am going to buy embers brand and royal oak from now on.

The MSDS sounds right. When my family manufactured Embers Charcoal, we used hardwood and sawdust. In fact, our manufacturing plant in Conway, SC was located next door to the saw mill.

I recently purchased a bag of Embers from Home Depot and was quite impressed. Overall, the burn time and temp were what I would expect from a quality charcoal briquette.

Back