Craigslist - Treagor Junior Pellet

This was recently listed in my area - I think I will let it go..... Blew my wad at Christmas.

But I was wondering about this smoker. Any comments?

I am still waiting to find a WSM, but saw this & wanted to see what the experts think about these.

http://saginaw.craigslist.org/spo/2772325457.html
Great price. If it was in my area, I would make an offer. Not big enough for your only smoker though. If you see a Lil' Tex for that price, definitely grab it!

Thanks

I was only looking for a couple of opinions. I am not sure about the pellet thing, but truying to read up. I have the Brinkmann SNP Professional for the last 5 yrs or so.

I do like the idea of setting it and forgetting it, for the longer smokes.

The Junior has limited capacity.

But, at that price, there is little downside risk.

Great way to explore pellet cooking.

If ya do not like it, sell it for most or all of your money back.

TIM

Thanks for the input.

One of my concerns is whether it would work well in cold weather - I do a lot of cookin' in the cold.

It des sound like it is a better smoker than a grill, which I would have expected.

I have 2 juniors and love them. I use it as my main smoker 3-4x a week for our family. That is a great price.

You can get 2 butts, 20 thighs, etc on it.

Only downfall is limited pellet capacity.

I know my traegers, and that's a STEAL! There is a place for pellet smokers. For instance if you are just not in the mood for dealing with a firepit and black fingers... a pellet grill will give you a close result in food.

Thanks for the input.

One of my concerns is whether it would work well in cold weather - I do a lot of cookin' in the cold.

It des sound like it is a better smoker than a grill, which I would have expected.

Unless you have an insulated smoker, you'll simply burn more fuel to hold temp in colder weather. Lots of us use a welding blanket or something similar to help insulate the cooking chamber of the smoker during cold weather. It helps cut the fuel consumption.

Back