Lodge Dutch Oven

h20loo

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I'd like a Lodge Dutch Oven but I haven't found them up here. Did a search and US Walmart has one on sale - a 7 qt for $50. Does anybody know if this is the same as you would get from Lodge or is it a cheaper made for Walmart special. I can get to a US walmart but to buy from Lodge would pretty much more than double the cost after shipping and border crap. Kind of hooked on the Lodge 'cause it has the Boy Scout approval. I'm really envious of the Brethren that have shopped in the Lodge Warehouse. The seconds and cosmetics section sounds like my kind of place. Any suggestions

craigslist, yardsales, peddlers malls if used/seasoned appeal to you.
new, amazon or walmart or bass pro or...
jon

Ebay!!I'm a fan.I've gotten some incredible buys.As long as you have a clue of an items value , tied to shipping rates--you can do well!:mrgreen:

we got one from walmart a couple of years ago. no problems and it gets used at least once a week.

craigslist, yardsales, peddlers malls if used/seasoned appeal to you.
new, amazon or walmart or bass pro or...
jon

This is right on. I just picked up an old rusty one out of my Aunt's garage along with a 14 inch skillet.

Keep nosing around and you'll find one someone doesn't want/use anymore unless you need right away. Ebay has a very good selection.

Watch Amazon. I got one a couple months ago on sale for $35 w/free shipping. :icon_cool

You can order Lodge CI from Cabela's.

Do you want a "camp" dutch oven (with legs) or a "stove" dutch oven (without legs). If you want the Boy Scout Approved it's a camp dutch oven.

Garage sales, people buy this stuff and get rid of it all the time.

Spydermike and I got a chance to visit the Lodge store outside Lynchburg when we were down at the Jack. He picked up a big chicken fryer pan in the "seconds" room at a really great price. I got a cast iron flying pig.
The boxes that were in the Lodge store are the same boxes that I have seen at Walmart.

I got my 5 qt on Amazon for right around $25. Cant remember exactly. It fits perfectly in my Small Egg. Perfect for Keri C's Beans

Back