Chicken Bombs on the Mini Egg

R2Egg2Q

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
After seeing some posts in various places on Chicken Bombs it was time to give them a try. I started with the recipe from here which included boneless, skinless, chicken breasts which I normally avoid as I prefer thighs.

The Mrs & I can't handle very spicy foods so we opted for green chilies but then grated some hot pepper cheese (made with jalapenos) to mix with the cream cheese. We also wrapped with just one piece of bacon per bomb:

Got the Mini set up for an indirect cook using just a drip pan and stabilized around 350 dome and cooked following the recipe. Sauced with Bart 's Blazin Q sauce:
IMG_5122_zps30a04195.jpg

They took about 45 mins to get into the 160s IT:
IMG_5124_zps2c4a705a.jpg

Pulled & sliced:
IMG_5131_zps9acaa947.jpg

IMG_5133_zpsfafd9cca.jpg

IMG_5143_zpse26f204e.jpg

IMG_5149_zps059a234b.jpg

They came out tasty but I still find myself thinking they'd be even better using thighs. :grin:

Thanks for looking!

Looks great John, I will need to try making some of those.

Reading through the recipe, made me wonder if the japs are soft enough when the chicken gets to proper IT. Over cooking the breast meat would be bad, perhaps I'll try with boneless, skinless thighs?

Righteous man. Why is it everything looks better when you cook it? Great photos. :thumb:

Oh my....I've tried versions of this but NEVER have they looked like this....WO O O F !!!!!!

Those look really good- haven't seen those before and I think I'll give them a try! :thumb:

Righteous man. Why is it everything looks better when you cook it? Great photos. :thumb:

You might notice 4 of them on the grill but only 3 on the plate. I gave the first one off to my wife to buy me some time to take some decent pics. :becky:

It never ceases to amaze me the things discovered on this site. I still haven't gotten over fatties yet...and now I need to try this too.

I also prefer thighs. I think boneless skinless would work great with these.

It never ceases to amaze me the things discovered on this site. I still haven't gotten over fatties yet...and now I need to try this too.

Keep reading, we have some, strike that, many fabulous creative, generous, cooks on this site. Why generous? Because they freely share their knowledge. My cooking has improved greatly from their generosity.

Back