Proud Dad

D

Dale P

My son "Drew who is 15" entered our hometowns bbq competition "Chicken & Ribs" and got 1st place in both beating out an all adult field. :-D

I dont know where he gets it.:rolleyes:

That $400 prize money is already burning a hole in his pocket.

Sa-weet! Congrats to him on the big win!!

Well Congrats to Drew... That's great to hear. Just make sure a lot of thought goes into the use of that Money...

Yea Dale, he put a whippin on me for sure. I could have played some basket ball with my chicken the skin was so rubbery!!! Congrats to him!

Thanks all. He used his own recipes on the ribs which I thought were almost as good as dads, but he stole my chicken recipe. Swiped it away from his old man and he kept the $. Tight wad is what he is. :lol:

All I did was what ever he wanted me to do. It was his to win or lose, and he really impressed the hell out of me. Proof that he has been paying attention.:cool:

Dang Indianagriller, i wish we could have met up.
Didnt take any pics. I never remember to take any. I always say I should but never do. He did get his pic taken for the paper. I will post it when i get it.

Dale, we were set up down at the end of the lane by the firetruck, by the time i realized that i "knew" you we were packing up and leaving. i did get to meet Lippy though. We can meet up at New Albany!

Bet you were truly a proud dad when he got those calls!

A double winner; CONGRATS to him and to the proud papa!

Congrats to both of you! Drew for winning and you for being a good mentor! Be sure to keep him on your team...I don't want to have to compete against two Perry teams..lol

Oh, man way to go. Congrats.

That is the hook and that 400 will be long gone into new stuff for that next comp.

Congrats to both of you! Do you have a new rib and chicken cook for the next KCBS competition now? :-D

Back