Open a BBQ restaurant, they said. It will be fun, they said

Updates???

We're in the bottom of the 9th. First food delivery was today and Coke is coming in the morning to install the fountain machine. And staff begins working their full shifts starting Thursday.

But I still need these idiots to return my damn phone calls! I need an electrician to get in here and move one of my 20 amp outlets about six feet so I can plug the CVAP machine in. And the guy that was supposed to be taking care of my fan seems to have disappeared since Thanksgiving. :mad2:

Going to try to soft open this weekend, but if the HD can't get in before then, we'll just fill the restaurant with family and do a private dry run.

This process has certainly shaved a few years off of my life. The last few days I haven't been able to sleep. So for instance, I pulled an all nighter last night and came into the restaurant at 4 am just to try to be productive. :shock:

Keep your chin up. Someday, this will all be a distant memory, and the day to day operation will be what keeps you busy.

Good luck and I'll be outta town this weekend but sure hope you get the soft opening going. I'll be checkin in to see when I can come your way and share some time and fine arse Q with ya

See? I disappear for a few months to deal with life, and you still aren't open yet. Maybe I can convince the wife to take a little road trip early next year to sample your wares. We're only a couple hours away.:tea:

Good day at the pig. Staff is all trained, we cooked through the menu, the fountain machine got installed, and decorations mostly got finalized. I know it's early, but the staff is amazing and I hope it stays that way. And the electrician finally said he can come out tomorrow.

The new machine is nice, but we're going to need to stick to manually filling up the ice bin for a while because thanks to all the delays, the budget has long been busted. :shock:

1465249_526703204091776_1478201703_n.jpg

So with that being said, I wanted to give the brethren the first heads up that we're hosting a private tasting event this Saturday from 5-8 pm. This will allow the staff to get a little practice under pressure and an opportunity to get feedback from people so that we can work out some of the kinks before the grand opening. No cost, since we're not 100% official yet, but a tip jar will be provided ;)

If you think you'll be stopping by, please PM me so that I can keep my head count up to date for portion planning.

Good day at the pig. Staff is all trained, we cooked through the menu, the fountain machine got installed, and decorations mostly got finalized. I know it's early, but the staff is amazing and I hope it stays that way. And the electrician finally said he can come out tomorrow.

The new machine is nice, but we're going to need to stick to manually filling up the ice bin for a while because thanks to all the delays, the budget has long been busted. :shock:

1465249_526703204091776_1478201703_n.jpg

So with that being said, I wanted to give the brethren the first heads up that we're hosting a private tasting event this Saturday from 5-8 pm. This will allow the staff to get a little practice under pressure and an opportunity to get feedback from people so that we can work out some of the kinks before the grand opening. No cost, since we're not 100% official yet, but a tip jar will be provided ;)

If you think you'll be stopping by, please PM me so that I can keep my head count up to date for portion planning.

Good luck, wish I were closer.

Can't make it for the tasting (wish I could) but I'll be back over there (Buchanan actually) in 2 weeks on Dec. 18th. Please tell me you'll be open by then!?!? I'd love to swing in mid-afternoon and grab some grub!

Can't make it for the tasting (wish I could) but I'll be back over there (Buchanan actually) in 2 weeks on Dec. 18th. Please tell me you'll be open by then!?!? I'd love to swing in mid-afternoon and grab some grub!

If I'm not officially open by then, you best look in the news for my name because I'll go postal. :mad2:

I would love to, but pending the doctor's visit today, my wife may be getting induced labor tomorrow. Sorry, but I ain't driving 2-3 hours with a 1 day old. ;)

Back