BBQ Brethren "Sandwich" Throwdown!

The definitions as found in the information landfill... (AKA Wikipedia)

A sandwich is a food item consisting of two or more slices of bread with one or more fillings between them,[1] or one slice of bread with a topping or toppings, commonly called an open sandwich.

A hamburger (or burger for short) is a sandwich consisting of a cooked patty of ground meat, (usually beef, but occasionally pork, turkey, or a combination of meats) placed between two wheat buns.

The definitions as found in the information landfill... (AKA Wikipedia)

A sandwich is a food item consisting of two or more slices of bread with one or more fillings between them,[1] or one slice of bread with a topping or toppings, commonly called an open sandwich.

A hamburger (or burger for short) is a sandwich consisting of a cooked patty of ground meat, (usually beef, but occasionally pork, turkey, or a combination of meats) placed between two wheat buns.

Before this gets out of hand.... Thanks George... that's good enough for me. As a result, I now understand that a burger is a sub category of "Sammiches" in general.

Reason I asked is simply due to regional differences between here and there, so I can properly understand exactly what you mean... not to cause a sh!tfight... :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

All good. The reason I looked it up and posted was because...
1) I was curious and
2) I'm a SamrtArse

Anything other than air between two slices of bread, or at least one side (open faced) is a sammy. Go for the gold bro.

Don't forgot about sammiches made on Hoagie rolls! Or flatbread rollups, or Pita pockets...

Bigbyte, I was just muckin around not trying to define the rules. I hope nobody took that as any thing more than what it was — me being a Smart A**

Bigbyte, I was just muckin around not trying to define the rules. I hope nobody took that as any thing more than what it was — me being a Smart A**

Don't sweat it, all is good.
whew.gif

All's fine! No worries about the details of the sandwich. I was being a smart ass myself!:wink: Details like that are left up to the voters. If someone enters something that is in the gray area, it's up to the voters to decide if they will nto vote for it because it doesn't fit the category. So no sweat, if you think it's a sandwich, post it.

I Australia a hamburger is not a sandwich? Of course, you guys have those funny cattle that hop around on two legs, so go figure.

I Australia a hamburger is not a sandwich? Of course, you guys have those funny cattle that hop around on two legs, so go figure.

Heheh, yes we do, and they are delicious as well.... But to be perfectly serious, in our region, we'd consider a sammich being something other than a burger. A burger being a bun and a beef pattie. If I order a burger and get a sammich... I'd say to the establishment...."Where's my F'ing Burger.... what do you call this thing, you Muppet????" :shock:

So, when I posted my entry, I was thinking down the line of "Oh, I hope these guys don't think I've posted a Burger, because its a Turkish "BUN" not a slice of bread...etc, you get the picture... :!: SO when everyone else posts burgers, I'm going.... err is a burger a sammich... what's going on...:confused::confused:

Now the thing Y'ALL need to unnerstand is I'M AN AUSSIE.... And Pharkin' proud of it. :twisted::twisted:

What you probably don't realise is that there are significant, and I mean REALLY significant differences culturally, and verbally. Because as Aussies, we get all your TV, listen to all your music, love ALL your food and watch ALL your movies, we know much more about you, and you know Jack Sh!t about us. :wink: In general, we'd like to keep it that way too!

MEANING???? Most of the time, we know what you're talking about, but sometimes we don't, so we have to clarify. Something as simple as "gas" to you is "petrol" to us... it's a common one you all know, but there are a lot of other things that are not so simple... and these will probably surface at totally random points in the future. And I specifically write with my American fellows in mind, otherwise you'd wonder what I was sayin' :!:

There.... I'm done :smile:

Chip's off the shoulder... excellent therapy that was. Sorry about the length...

LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Cheers!

Bill

All's fine! No worries about the details of the sandwich. I was being a smart ass myself!:wink: Details like that are left up to the voters. If someone enters something that is in the gray area, it's up to the voters to decide if they will nto vote for it because it doesn't fit the category. So no sweat, if you think it's a sandwich, post it.

You mean like a textual description? :biggrin:

All I know is I have some awful petrol this morning.

What you probably don't realise is that there are significant, and I mean REALLY significant differences culturally, and verbally. Because as Aussies, we get all your TV, listen to all your music, love ALL your food and watch ALL your movies, we know much more about you, and you know Jack Sh!t about us. :wink: In general, we'd like to keep it that way too! /QUOTE]

Here I thought everything I needed to know about Australia was in that movie Kangaroo Jack. :roll:

...Chip's off the shoulder... excellent therapy that was. Sorry about the length...

LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Cheers!

Bill

Sounds like somebody needs a XXXX! :wink: Although I'm partial to a Toohey's Black myself. Too right! Have a lovely day down under mate, wish I could come in for a visit about now; maybe if they get the IndyCars back at Surfer's someday!

For your consideration I humbly submit my sandwich throwdown entry. Here is the "making of" thread.

Behold...the MOINKwich!

100_2822.jpg

For those keeping score, that's a sub roll filled with MOINKS and topped with pepper jack cheese and slaw. It is served with a pile of Cajun seasoned tater tots.

I guess I can do that while I spend the next 48 hours shoveling snow.

After reading that statement I do not feel near as bad about scoring second place in the breakfast throwdown. I have to drive 100 miles to see snow, but why would I?:mrgreen:

The shoveling is not so bad. The loss of electricity and phone for 4 days IS bad (the temperature in the house has just broken 60* we're celebrating!). The worst part though is not being able to post a throwdown entry in time and missing the chance of getting a legitimate 0.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1175102&postcount=54

Perhaps even worse is expecting another 10-20" within the 24 hours after the electricity is restored and being told to expect more outages. :evil:

Back