BBQ Brethren "Sandwich" Throwdown!

Never enter a throwdown before, but this one seemed easy enuogh since I was cooking these sliders for lunch anyway, So here they are- Please use the second photo for judging.

sliders017.jpg

sliders015.jpg

Wow, the top one with the foam on the beer glass kicks ass I think:cool:

Man, this is quickly shapin' up to be another tough vote.

Wow, the top one with the foam on the beer glass kicks ass I think:cool:

Thanks, I really liked that one better myself, but I thought since it was a sandwich throwdown the voting pic should focus more on the sandwich. But, then again, I have been wrong before!!

just to be clear and to prevent the vote thread from having to be started over causing possible corruption to the process, is that bony sandwich a real entry or just an example from the past? also, i wouldn't recommend editing someone else's photo however good your intentions are.

these throwdowns aren't just for fun anymore. they are a serious competition for a place on some future brethren publication and posts that threaten the process in any way should be avoided.

sorry, nevder did a throwdown..did not realize this is the ACTUAL JUDGING thread.

I dont compete in the throwdowns.....Sorry, i thought they were for fun.. Thats an old pic of dinosaur bones i cooked a few summers ago in the early throwdowns before they became such serious business.

That pics been around the forum forever and as such, does not qualify. I will delete the posts and all its references before the judging.

Wait... The throwdowns aren't for fun anymore? No one told me. And to think that I've been having fun when I'm not supposed to! :rolleyes: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

i simply asked that it be stated the photo was not an entry. with no text posted with the photo, the chance for confusion was there and some people may have been lead to believe the photo was an entry and they may not enter since the photo was posted by the president of the forum.

i said the throwdowns aren't just for fun anymore and i was talking about for the people that enter the throwdowns. once a friendly contest gets something tied on to the winning of the contest, things change.

anyway, i need to learn to mind my own business.

I grilled some burgers for the Super Bowl yesterday and grilled some bacon while at it. My wife likes BLTs, there is a sandwich throwdown underway, and the next thing you know........

So here's the High Q BLT&A - wheat roll, mayonnaise, grilled bacon, lettuce, fried green tomatillo and fresh avocado.

Enjoy!

DSC_0530.jpg

I grilled some burgers for the Super Bowl yesterday and grilled some bacon while at it. My wife likes BLTs, there is a sandwich throwdown underway, and the next thing you know........

So here's the High Q BLT&A - wheat roll, mayonnaise, grilled bacon, lettuce, fried green tomatillo and fresh avocado.

Enjoy!

DSC_0530.jpg
Has anyone won two weeks in a row?

Asked my wife this, Will this make my gut look bigger? She said who could tell! :eek:

Picture865.jpg

Picture868.jpg

Please use 1st Pic Chris.

Now that's a "Sled" burger right there, you eat all of that??

I like this thread... Will have to come up with somethin!

{Midnight ☼ Smoke};1174023 said:
Asked my wife this, Will this make my gut look bigger? She said who could tell! :eek:

Picture865.jpg

Picture868.jpg

Please use 1st Pic Chris.
Mercy, mercy, mercy :redface:

Midnight - Wow, that's amazing. I would totally eat that if I could unhook my jaw enough to get around that.

I have something totally diabolical planned if I can get enough time to execute it!

:shock:W-o-W !!!!:shock:

I do believe that is the first Quintuple Cheeseburger I have ever seen!

Doh! No bacon! Automatic DQ!:lol: (just kidding)

:shock:W-o-W !!!!:shock:

I do believe that is the first Quintuple Cheeseburger I have ever seen!

Doh! No bacon! Automatic DQ!:lol: (just kidding)

I think adding bacon to that burger, would definitely make my gut look bigger :grin:

POINT OF ORDER Gents.... is a sammich a burger. Is a burger a sammich???

Just askin'...

Back