THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
jeanie
I caught a few fish while camping and caught a bit of hell too. :redface:

I made it through the weekend without catching one stick but I caught this catfish..... which was worse. :doh:

e0d4c3bc-1.jpg

7b4ccfb7-1.jpg

eda976a2-1.jpg

fortunately I caught other fish so I was able to enjoy the fish fry we had on Saturday night..

cf1d3d56-1.jpg

the fish nuggets...
a89d57d6-1.jpg

fries...

f34d02ba-1.jpg

making a good bed of hot coals...

9d037465-1.jpg

heating the oil.. sorry these are so dark!

9da99ca0-1.jpg

two pots of fish and one of fries...

15e670a5-1.jpg

62802b55-1.jpg

the best part..
I didn't have to cook at all, the guys in the group cooked the fish and fries, I was able to sit back with a cold drink and relax. :-D

bf24b3a4-1.jpg

b1870a4a-1.jpg

They were tasty...

Thank you for looking!

lol Guerry, I think that's probably the smallest fish I've ever caught. :doh:

Vet, I was afraid I'd have to eat ribeye.. I wanted fish! :becky:

haha.. Lionhrt, it actually did. I could tell something was on the line but didn't know what it was. lol

I heard about it the rest of the weekend.... :redface:

Excellent choice of beverage!! Heck of a set up you've got going there. :hungry:

LOL that's awesome! I like your carolina rig setup on your rod and your hooks for catfish bait. What do you use for bait? You get more from the banks that I get from my jon boat :redface:

Excellent choice of beverage!! You have a heck of a set up you've got going there. :hungry:

I could give you a hug for that Aaron!! Thanks for not giving me a hard time about my beer. lol :becky:

Hmm... is snagging catfish legal??

Awesome lookin nuggets!
I could probably be hauled off to jail for snagging that thing... :p Thanks Ryan!

LOL that's awesome! I like your carolina rig setup on your rod and your hooks for catfish bait. What do you use for bait? You get more from the banks that I get from my jon boat :redface:

Al..Thank you! I use Sonny's catfish bait. Really have good luck with it. I bet your jon boat is nice to have... :cool:

eda976a2-1.jpg

I've caught many a fish this size..... but did you have to use a treble to get him..... I'd say that's over kill :shock:
SWSW & CS&BF (catches small & big fish) that finished plate just makes me drool.... :mad: errrrrrrrrrrrr.... thanx now I have to clean another thing.....
Nicely done Jeanie...... Very Nicely Done.....:-D

Jeanie, should have just left him on and gone after a bigger cat! Smallest I've ever seen, especially on a treble hook! Wow, I'm really wanting some fresh fried catfish now. Everything looks great!
Al

Thank you Terry and Alan! :)

eda976a2-1.jpg

I've caught many a fish this size..... but did you have to use a treble to get him..... I'd say that's over kill :shock:
SWSW & CS&BF (catches small & big fish) that finished plate just makes me drool.... :mad: errrrrrrrrrrrr.... thanx now I have to clean another thing.....
Nicely done Jeanie...... Very Nicely Done.....:-D

lol This was my first HWSW... not even sure how it happened...:doh:... and I was so proud of myself for not bringing in a stick. :becky: Thank you..

Jeanie, should have just left him on and gone after a bigger cat! Smallest I've ever seen, especially on a treble hook! Wow, I'm really wanting some fresh fried catfish now. Everything looks great!
Al
lol Al.. I thought about that. He was just sooo cute. I know he couldn't have lived anyway but I threw him back. :becky: Thank you!

Johnny, Thank you, I really enjoyed getting away for a few days. :)

Whoa Jeanie
Did you need the "fighting chair" for that fish?
Great looking fish fry and great choice of beer.... :)
BUT....
What is the propane tank for ??????? :shocked: :confused: Naw! that's not really a gasser is it..... (old eyes mod :becky:)

Jeanie,
I don't think you caught that fish - I think it hooked itself because it wanted to go home with you :)

The rest of your catch looks great...so does the cooked food. Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

You sure know how to enjoy life - and make some us really jealous :)

I could give you a hug for that Aaron!! Thanks for not giving me a hard time about my beer. lol :becky:

I've often considered moving to Golden, CO just to save them shipping. I'll throw a toast up to you when I crack my first one in about two hours.:thumb:

Back