Who makes the best fryer pot with basket?

I own two of the Cajun Fryers from R&V Works, one is the 2.5 gallon and the other is a 4 gallon double basket. Both of mine are over ten years old and get used a lot. The 2.5 gallon get used almost every week. I have seen some people complain that the quality is not what it used to be, but I looked at some at a dealer a few months back and they looked fine. I would buy another one if these were to somehow fail, but that is unlikely to happen.

If you only could own one. A 4 gallon or 6 gallon?

I think a 2 or 4 would be fine for normal needs but I like the idea of an occasional Turkey. Not sure that justifies the larger cooker though.

What are some of the larger items you cook In the 4 gallon?
Thx!

I think a 2 or 4 would be fine for normal needs but I like the idea of an occasional Turkey. Not sure that justifies the larger cooker though.

Thx!

If you think you might do a turkey occasionally then the 6 gallon is what you would need. Other than that the 4 gallon will fry a lot of fish/fries or whatever at the same time.
I usually just fry fish or chicken when I cook. Depending on how many people are coming determines which fryer I fire up. I have never fried a turkey because I like them smoked.

Thx!

If you think you might do a turkey occasionally then the 6 gallon is what you would need. Other than that the 4 gallon will fry a lot of fish/fries or whatever at the same time.
I usually just fry fish or chicken when I cook. Depending on how many people are coming determines which fryer I fire up. I have never fried a turkey because I like them smoked.

I now have a 32 qt (8 gallon) pot for my fryer. Partially because I have a wider burner for home brewing, that I utilize for frying. My turkey frying pot is narrower, but taller, probably 6 gallon, give or take.

The 8 gallon is too big for normal frying, but I make it work by just filling it up less full. I rarely would have it more than 1/3 full of oil. I do a lot of tortilla chip and potato chips, which can work in about anything sized vessel. But it's a good size for fish and chicken.

tl;dr Diameter of pot is almost more important than volume. You can fry in a depth of 4" of oil if you want

So what’s the best all around oils for one of these? Grabbed a Bayou classic 2.5 brand new for 1/2 off. Figured a good place to experiment

Another vote for a Dutch oven.

SIMRS8x.jpg

Back