My big catch...

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I caught a few fish while camping and caught a bit of hell too. :redface:

I made it through the weekend without catching one stick but I caught this catfish..... which was worse. :doh:

e0d4c3bc-1.jpg

7b4ccfb7-1.jpg

eda976a2-1.jpg

fortunately I caught other fish so I was able to enjoy the fish fry we had on Saturday night..

cf1d3d56-1.jpg

the fish nuggets...
a89d57d6-1.jpg

fries...

f34d02ba-1.jpg

making a good bed of hot coals...

9d037465-1.jpg

heating the oil.. sorry these are so dark!

9da99ca0-1.jpg

two pots of fish and one of fries...

15e670a5-1.jpg

62802b55-1.jpg

the best part..
I didn't have to cook at all, the guys in the group cooked the fish and fries, I was able to sit back with a cold drink and relax. :-D

bf24b3a4-1.jpg

b1870a4a-1.jpg

They were tasty...

Thank you for looking!

You mean, this wan't your bait?
eda976a2-1.jpg

:becky:

Now there's what I was looking for yesterday! I do so love a fish fry.

Glad ya caught more fish cause that 1st one was gonna be awful hard to filet. :becky:

lol Guerry, I think that's probably the smallest fish I've ever caught. :doh:

Vet, I was afraid I'd have to eat ribeye.. I wanted fish! :becky:

haha.. Lionhrt, it actually did. I could tell something was on the line but didn't know what it was. lol

I heard about it the rest of the weekend.... :redface:

Excellent choice of beverage!! Heck of a set up you've got going there. :hungry:

LOL that's awesome! I like your carolina rig setup on your rod and your hooks for catfish bait. What do you use for bait? You get more from the banks that I get from my jon boat :redface:

Excellent choice of beverage!! You have a heck of a set up you've got going there. :hungry:

I could give you a hug for that Aaron!! Thanks for not giving me a hard time about my beer. lol :becky:

Hmm... is snagging catfish legal??

Awesome lookin nuggets!
I could probably be hauled off to jail for snagging that thing... :p Thanks Ryan!

LOL that's awesome! I like your carolina rig setup on your rod and your hooks for catfish bait. What do you use for bait? You get more from the banks that I get from my jon boat :redface:

Al..Thank you! I use Sonny's catfish bait. Really have good luck with it. I bet your jon boat is nice to have... :cool:

:clap2:Nothing better than fresh Catfish, only thing better is you cooking it!:clap2:

Thats too funny talk about smallfry but the catfish looked phenominal

eda976a2-1.jpg

I've caught many a fish this size..... but did you have to use a treble to get him..... I'd say that's over kill :shock:
SWSW & CS&BF (catches small & big fish) that finished plate just makes me drool.... :mad: errrrrrrrrrrrr.... thanx now I have to clean another thing.....
Nicely done Jeanie...... Very Nicely Done.....:-D

Jeanie, should have just left him on and gone after a bigger cat! Smallest I've ever seen, especially on a treble hook! Wow, I'm really wanting some fresh fried catfish now. Everything looks great!
Al

Thank you Terry and Alan! :)

eda976a2-1.jpg

I've caught many a fish this size..... but did you have to use a treble to get him..... I'd say that's over kill :shock:
SWSW & CS&BF (catches small & big fish) that finished plate just makes me drool.... :mad: errrrrrrrrrrrr.... thanx now I have to clean another thing.....
Nicely done Jeanie...... Very Nicely Done.....:-D

lol This was my first HWSW... not even sure how it happened...:doh:... and I was so proud of myself for not bringing in a stick. :becky: Thank you..

Jeanie, should have just left him on and gone after a bigger cat! Smallest I've ever seen, especially on a treble hook! Wow, I'm really wanting some fresh fried catfish now. Everything looks great!
Al
lol Al.. I thought about that. He was just sooo cute. I know he couldn't have lived anyway but I threw him back. :becky: Thank you!

Johnny, Thank you, I really enjoyed getting away for a few days. :)

Whoa Jeanie
Did you need the "fighting chair" for that fish?
Great looking fish fry and great choice of beer.... :)
BUT....
What is the propane tank for ??????? :shocked: :confused: Naw! that's not really a gasser is it..... (old eyes mod :becky:)

Jeanie,
I don't think you caught that fish - I think it hooked itself because it wanted to go home with you :)

The rest of your catch looks great...so does the cooked food. Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

You sure know how to enjoy life - and make some us really jealous :)

I could give you a hug for that Aaron!! Thanks for not giving me a hard time about my beer. lol :becky:

I've often considered moving to Golden, CO just to save them shipping. I'll throw a toast up to you when I crack my first one in about two hours.:thumb:

Very nice:clap2:, BTW there's nothing wrong with American beer, variety is the spice of life.:thumb:

Back