getting there, after about 3 days of work this is how far I've gotten.
IMG_0112.jpg

This is my first real welding project so please don't be to critical of my welds. ( It's a gradual learning curve ).
IMG_0114.jpg

Gonna keep plugging away, I'll keep ya all posted. Some feedback from the offset guys would be greatly accepted.

IMG_0113.jpg

Very nice so far! Progress looks good Death! Can't wait too see some more progress.

Cheers

Thanks Phrasty! I was hoping you would comment considering I am pretty much making a copy of your build! :heh:

Thanks for posting your cooker, It has helped a ton!:thumb:

So it has been a few days since my last post but I am pretty much finished. I wasn't going to post until later but I'm sitting here waiting for the hardware store to open......

Couple nights ago, My neighbor says I'm workin to hard and I should take a break, ask's me if I want to go fishing.... at 9:30 P.M. ...hmmmm...... okay lets go!

didn't get into the lake till around 11:30,
IMG_0130.jpg

We got skunked but hey look at the view.... plus a few beers, it was worth it!
IMG_0131.jpg

Just getting home to get back to work..... wait a minute it's 3:30 in the morn, bedtime.:bored:
IMG_0143.jpg

Okay back to work. Here's where I am at now, almost done. Going to grab some finishing stuff and will burn her today! Enjoy:-D

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

Looks great Brother!

I have thought about doing this if I can find a wood stove. Was yours cast iron? If so what did you use to weld it to steel?

My God that looks great. The welds look profesinal, amazing work! I wud use the top of the firbox like a griddle and fry b'feast in the morning as you smoke something for the later part of the day. Best of luck!

Man.....nice job on the build! I'm SOOOOOOO jealous! I can't wait to build one just like it to go onto my trailer.

Not that I've built one, but just a couple of thoughts:
  • It looks like you DO have "stops" on your rack slides so that the cook racks don't fall out on you when pulled out all the way? I didn't see them, but since the racks are all pulled out....you thought of that?
  • What about counterweights on the doors? Are they that heavy? Also....do you think you'll need stops so that they don't have to lay ALL the way back when open?
  • You gonna just put it on a heavy cart or on a trailer of some sorts? Didn't know if you were gonna permanize it like Phrasty's?
Like I said.....just some random thoughts. I've been thinking about mine for a good while now. If I only had some FREE STUFF laying around like you did.....!:roll::becky::thumb:

Back