A BBQ Brethren Event Battle of BBQ Brethren - Manorville 2011

Q Haven planning on cooking this one. It will be nice to return to LI. Only 50 miles of actual driving with the New London ferry!

Money sent last night! Slower Lower is in. A 4 hour drive for us, but why not? Looking forward to it!

6+ hours one way for me and back to back to back Bluemont, Manorville, BelAir.

Thinking,:confused: thinking,:confused: thinking:confused:

THEN...................

The NEBS Grilling winners: Grand Champion, Reserve Grand Champion, 1st Place Chefs Choice 1, First Place Chefs Choice 2 - WILL ADVANCE to a fifth round $500 winner take all shootout. (Ties and/or duplicate winners conditions will be announced in detail). HERES THE CATCH. For the shootout THE 4 WINNERS, will compete against a well known celebrity BBQ chef, known by all and will remain nameless until the contest date. :tape: It is his $500 and you gotta take it from him. :becky:

Soooo,

If you win GC, and Chefs Choice 1, and Chefs Choice2, does that mean that you get 3 entries in the shootout?

That maybe a stretch, but the winner of Chefs Choice 1 or 2 could easily be GC or RGC as well with 2 entries?.

Soooo,

If you win GC, and Chefs Choice 1, and Chefs Choice2, does that mean that you get 3 entries in the shootout?

That maybe a stretch, but the winner of Chefs Choice 1 or 2 could easily be GC or RGC as well with 2 entries?.

Way to complicate things Tim!

Q Haven planning on cooking this one. It will be nice to return to LI. Only 50 miles of actual driving with the New London ferry!

Its long island...Dont go by what map quest says.you have to add at least 4 hours for traffic...:heh:

Ignore that queues your daddy guy.. he cant be trusted to do something as simple as carry a brisket to the trailer just before turn-ins. :mad2::becky:

From New London ferry, you will be driving thru L.I. wine country. Should be an easy, quiet drive with alot of green and grape vines. :thumb:

From Bridgeport ferry, its one road straight(rt 112) out of Port Jefferson, then 6 miles on the Expressway. You will be driving thru some towns, and commercial areas, so will hit lights on 112, but it should be no longer than 45 minutes even with traffic. 30 minutes with no traffic.

Ted, if you remember the route you and Brendan took when you guys picked up the trailer at my house you won't have any problems.

From New London ferry, you will be driving thru L.I. wine country. Should be an easy, quiet drive with alot of green and grape vines. :thumb:

I have done it this way a couple of times. It is really a piece of cake, and you can bring a camper on the ferry! (not cheap though)

Soooo,

Tim - You're usually much sharper than this !!!! You're loosing your touch.

It's somewhat discussed in the following sentence

(Ties and/or duplicate winners conditions will be announced in detail).

Last edited:
Tim - You're usually much sharper than this !!!! You're loosing your touch.

It's somewhat discussed in the following sentence

(Ties and/or duplicate winners conditions will be announced in detail).

OK, I get it. When there is a tie or duplicate winners there will be some sort of announcement made at the awards that explains who tied and how many points they got, what they grilled, etc.? :wink:

No, the official detailed rules document is in progress and will be posted shortly.

UNOFFICIALLY: We will account for ties 3 deep, at which time it goes to coin tosses. If a GC or RGC has a first in the CC1 or CC2, we will move to 1st in appetizer, then 1st in dessert, then to second place winners. CC1, CC2, App, DES.

Back