bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Posting early because I couldn't wait any longer to announce this one!

Our new category is...

[size=+2]"Fried!"[/size]
CIMG0758.jpg

Photo from Smoke In Da Eye's Blog.

...as chosen by BobBrisket, the winner of the Burger Throwdown!

Rule #2 is being SUSPENDED for this Throwdown!
That's right folks, the food you fry does not HAVE to be grilled or smoked. However, I wouldn't be surprised if entries that utilized grilling/smoking in some way got an extra vote or two out there. Then again, I could be wrong and a plate of fried chicken cooked in an electric skillet could win this one!:cool:

Here are the rules for this week...

1. The dish must feature an item that matches the featured category.
2. ***SUSPENDED FOR THIS CATEGORY ONLY***
3. Submitted dishes must be cooked sometime between Friday 4/30 through Sunday 5/9.
4. All pics (any number) must be submitted by Midnight Central Time on Sunday 5/9.
5. Only one picture from one dish will be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise I will choose and my decision will be final.
6. You are allowed to touch up your photos for clarity, or to add the dish/item to a more interesting background if you like.
7. By posting your photos, you are granting consent for your photo to be reused for other BBQ Brethren related postings or materials.
8. Any joke photos, or photos of past creations you wish to show off must have a disclaimer stating that the photo is not intended to be included in the Vote thread.
9. If you have any problems with any of the entries, believing them not to be qualified for any reason, DO NOT COMPLAIN TO ME! Instead, please use the ***VOTE*** thread and exercise your power of voting against those entries. Any complaints posted in any Throwdown thread, or directed to me via any other means will be ignored.
10. If I find an entry to have violated these simple rules, I reserve the right to disqualify that entry.
11. As at any neighborhood block party, the kids are present and part of the festivities, so please keep your posts family friendly.

By submitting entry photos to this Throwdown thread you are agreeing that you have read and understand the above Throwdown Rules!

The voting will begin Monday 5/10 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Friday 5/14. All votes will be public.

Don't forget, you can still enter the Mini Fowl Throwdown until Sunday night 5/2 by midnight Central time.

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the XL Throwdown!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Let's git it ONNN!!!!! I can hear ya'lls arteries clogging and screaming for mercy from here!!!:heh:

Bob asked me if I could award extra points for using Lard, but since it's all up to the voters in the end, I had to tell him there is no way I can do that. But the idea is now out there!:heh:

I think it would be easily possible to include rule 2 with this, I know I plan to. :thumb:
Can't wait to feel the stomach pains from this one.

If my brain is fried, does that count?

This could be fun! In a way it's a good thing that Rule 2 is being deleted for this one. My first thought when i read the thread title was "I wonder how many grease fire pictures we'll see".

This could be fun! In a way it's a good thing that Rule 2 is being deleted for this one. My first thought when i read the thread title was "I wonder how many grease fire pictures we'll see".

That's a good point.

This one is on like Donkey Kong :boxing:

I keep coming up with more and more devilish ideas!:heh: Someone call the cardiologist!

I wonder if I can pull off a smoked and fried tonkatsu.

Tonkatsu is also popular as a sandwich filling (katsu sando) or served on Japanese curry (katsu karē). It is sometimes served with egg on a big bowl of rice as katsudon—an informal one-bowl lunchtime dish.

I copied this from Wiki. You could make the sammich version, then batter the whole sammich and and then deep fry that and create a Monte Cristo Katsu Sando! Just saying........

Bob

Back