Brisket Experiment (Pr0n)

thunter

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
So, I decided to cook a brisket with very simple techniques: Salt & Pepper, Low and Slow (of course), Oak only in my Chargriller Smokin' Pro, and Fat side up. This is the result, and the taste and tenderness was fantastic! Competition quality good... in my opinion! :-D

Nice! KISS is the way to go it looks like. When I get brave enough to do a brisket I think I will go that route.

Looks great! I've tried a bunch of different rubs and I don't think any of them beat salt and pepper and a good smoke

A beefy work of art! Minimalism at its tastiest! I think I hear tears of joy in Texas!

During the cook I basted/mopped a few times with a mixture of beef broth, apple cider vinegar and worcestershire. I don't know the ratios of each, I just mixed to a taste I thought was good. Well, it worked out so well, I am going to have to measure it next time.

And... I have to give a shout out to all my brisket-cooking brethren on this forum, without whom, I would not be cooking briskets like this! Much love to y'all! :-D:clap:

Great looking brisket. I am doing one in a couple of weeks for a family reunion. I am seriously thinking of the KISS method for this cook. If you dont mind, what was the ratio of salt to pepper in the rub?

Great looking brisket. I am doing one in a couple of weeks for a family reunion. I am seriously thinking of the KISS method for this cook. If you dont mind, what was the ratio of salt to pepper in the rub?

This one was 50/50. Sprinkle lightly over the front and back and the result was not salty at all. I used Kosher Salt and Coarse Ground Black Pepper. Next time I am going to try grinding my own pepper to get an even coarser grain for a nicer presentation and a more peppery pop with each bite! :-o

BOOM.. you nailed that brisket!!

Sure does look mighty tasty:icon_smile_tongue:

Back