THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congradulation you done graduated Brisket U you now know all you ever need to know to make an awesome brisket.

Mighty Fine!
What temp was your fire and for how long?
Did you wrap it?
When did you decide to pull it?
How long did you let it rest and did you wrap it?

Thanks!

Mighty Fine!
What temp was your fire and for how long?
Did you wrap it?
When did you decide to pull it?
How long did you let it rest and did you wrap it?

Thanks!

I cooked it at an average of 240* for 10 hours. I put it in a foil pan after 6 hours and the meat temp was about 165*. After 8 hours and at 199* temp it was still not ready, I used the probe test to see how tender it was, and it wasn't quite like butter yet, so I closed it back up and let her roll for two more hours. At temp 205* she was tender, wigglin' and jigglin' so I took it off the smoker, wrapped it tight in foil, and held it at about 145* to 150* in my warmer until time to serve. I use a roaster oven as my warmer beacause I can set it to very low temps for holding without continuing to cook the meat. This baby stayed warm for 12 hours while waiting to be devoured.

Back