Volume Brining Question

Pa_BBQ

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I just purchased a case of chicken halves and will be brineing them overnight. I will only cook half a case each day and wondering if I keep the brine cold should i change it after the first night or will it be good to go for 2 days?

I do not mind making up a new batch, but thinking since its the same case of chickens it may be just wasting the brine dumping it out.

I read somewhere that you shouldn't keep using it, it has to do with the accumulation of blood and meat juices. Another reason is because the brine solution will weaken with each use. Fresh water, salt and sugar and seasonings are cheap, why risk it?

May i ask why you are brining? How do you figure brineing cost and time into your food cost?

I read somewhere that you shouldn't keep using it, it has to do with the accumulation of blood and meat juices. Another reason is because the brine solution will weaken with each use. Fresh water, salt and sugar and seasonings are cheap, why risk it?

Great Points

May i ask why you are brining? How do you figure brineing cost and time into your food cost?

Like mentioned above, salt and sugar are cheap. As far as time it only takes a few minutes to mix up a brine.

We have tested the results of brine vs non brine and just feel the brined is a better product.

Like mentioned above, salt and sugar are cheap. As far as time it only takes a few minutes to mix up a brine.

We have tested the results of brine vs non brine and just feel the brined is a better product.

If your buying your birds by the case, look at the label, many come already "brined" and result in a very good product with the right amount of love. :thumb:

Back