Weber Smokey Joe Stronger Leg Mod ?

VoodoChild

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Searched But couldnt find anything... Anyone Know Of , Done Or made a Stand or Stronger legs for the smokey joe ???
basically as a mini wsm they wobble a bit and i d like to make it stronger

I found this on another forum and am planning on doing this when i build mine next week.

013ss.jpg

You could basically just make duplicates of the stock SJ legs, out of stronger metal.

CD

Last edited:
A couple stainless fender washers on each leg, gently re-shaped to match the contour of the Smokey Joe (one on the inside and one between the leg and bowl) really sturdies up the legs.

One I build for a friend.
Small_barrel_BBQ_0031.JPG

I saw a picture of one where they had added 3 more legs, evenly spaced. So it had 6. Looked pretty good. I was a little concerned with stability, but haven't had a problem. It's always on a level stable surface, and it's not getting moved much while in use. One thing I did notice is one of the legs tends to get a little cockeyed, making the smoker not sit level. I just check before I get it lit and straighten as necessary.

You could basically just make duplicates of the stock SJ legs, out of stronger metal.

CD

My SJ has some seriously rusted-through legs. Hoping someone with experience in working metal can answer this. Would some thick zinc coated metal be ok to duplicate the legs? I thought about getting plain steel, but I'd like to keep the "shine" that the original legs should have. As usual, I appreciate your advice/opinions.... thanks!

I found this on another forum and am planning on doing this when i build mine next week.

013ss.jpg

Good find. Same principle I used for my legs on my brinkmann gourmet mods. I am planning on using aluminum flat stock an making new legs similar to these.

Back