Vietnamese Grilled Lemongrass Chicken

LYU370

Resident Idjit

Batch Image
Batch Image
Staff member
Name or Nickame
Andy
Did you know there is a Throwdown going on? Did you know there are three Throwdowns going on? Doesn't happen often, but when it does, you need to take advantage of it. Asian, Cookbook, Dark Meat.

I had already decided on Lemongrass Chicken for the Asian throwdown. Followed this recipe more or less.

The ingredients: I think I got them all, actually I may have a few extra in there.

iGzN9smh.jpg

While the chicken thighs are marinating I made up some Nuoc Cham sauce, you can change it to your liking, more sweet, sour, hot, etc. I added a bunch of Thai chille peppers, made it SPICY!

FUzYI33h.jpg

Fired up the big Joe and added a chunk of Post Oak, just because I can. :p

g8kT4v6h.jpg

Almost done.

CvsFM1xh.jpg

Plated up. Never had Lemon Grass anything. Pretty good stuff, will need to make some more things with it, since I have a bunch of it. But you should try it. GOOD STUFF!

RUrJb6rh.jpg

As always, thanks for looking.

Excellent triple entry, Andy! I love the flavor and aroma of lemongrass - great stuff!

Thanks everyone. Should have done a better job of plating. Can't really see the chicken.

Next time. Maybe. :p

I had some lemongrass and chili glazed ribs at the Weber restaurant in Chicago last summer; I think they were the best ribs I've ever had. I keep saying I'm going to find a recipe but haven't done it. Will have to try this too.

Back