Install Stoker on a UDS 3/4 Ball Valve/Nipple?

AustinKnight

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I have used my google powers to the farking max and haven't found anything(might not be wording it right). I don't really want to drill more holes into my uds to permanently mount the stoker fan like what seems to be whats recommended on rock's site. Is there a way to mount the blower on the 3/4 nipple or to the ball valve, has anyone done anything like what I'm talking about? Or does everyone just mount it to the UDS permanently?

I would think you could get the ball valve adapter and then get a reducer to fit your pipe. Or do the same thing with the guru adapter that Stoker sales, just find a piece of pipe that it will slide into.

I think I'm just going to take the blower to a hardware store and shot from the hip:thumb::thumb:

Stoker sells a Guru adapter, order that and then the Guru's USD adapter it screws in to the ball valve and makes the Stoker fan quick detach. I have no idea why Stoker don't sell a 3/4 screw on adapter.

pwa

Last edited:
My father-in-law and I made this adapter this past Sunday. It's going to connect to my ball valve on my UDS. Got a piece of metal and shaped it to match the stoker plate and cut out a hole and drilled holes for the screws. It's welded all the way around so no need for any silicone or anything. Now I can switch the fan between my keg and my UDS. I hope to test it out this weekend. I think I may paint it to make it "nicer lookin" :roll: I'm not sure why Rocks doesn't make anything this simple.

DSC01396.jpg

Last edited:
This is what I did.

Found some connectors at HD for installing vacuum systems... then just modified a piece of threaded PVC with my Dremel and bingo!

stokerfansetupsm.jpg

^^^THx guy's I went with a DigiQ DX2 instead I didn't really have the extra 100 bucks for the stoker and I don't really leave while I'm cooking (to get beer don't count) so there's not really a need to monitor anything from my phone or laptop. I just needed something to keep my temps at 350* for my HnF cooks, and if I ever want to do some low n slowwwwwwwwwws I'm confident the DigiQ will do just fine without me checking it on my phone etc. Another thing that may not matter but does to me is the DigiQ will fit in my BBq tool box got a place all picked out move over weber cubes!

SDC15762.JPG

Not a stoker fan, but same principal. The big cap/cup was only because I couldn't find anything flat in the pvc aisle.

5816549791_c23763dcd2_m.jpg

5816553077_57380f5c1f_m.jpg

5816546527_6e3ba7938f_m.jpg

5817114374_e8f72ea0f2_m.jpg

5816550011_96a9ee7434_m.jpg

Back