Plowboy's Yardbird Rub. What would you do?

CharredApron

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Picked up a 7oz bottle of Plowboys Yardbird Rub. I am not accustomed to store bought rubs, but I have heard this brand mentioned here many times. What type of meat is the best for this rub. It say's that it's created for Chicken, but made for pork? What do you do with this stuff?

I bought Bovine Bold and use it on chicken , pork and beef , i will be buying Yardbird Rub as well

I hear ya, I usually skip the butter because the Salmon has enough natural oil. But, I have a tail piece left from my wife's selection and aye wanted to smoke it on a cedar plank. Aye have the dill and the other ingredients, but Aye thought maybe Aye'd add a wee bit of the Yardbird.

I sprinkle it on my burgers always...its great on ribs and shoulders and of course chicken.

I would try it on the salmon.

I have used it on it and its great

just go easy on it

Pork ribs
Chicken
Pork Chops
Burgers
Turkey
Eggs
Popcorn
Corn on the Cob
In a Bloody Mary

Lots more.

I haven't used it on fish, but why not? :-D

I use it on my chicken and have used it on my popcorn, pork and fish. It is a great rub....just be aware there is a lot of salt in it.

I use it on just about anything I would put salt on.
Chicken, potatoes, eggs, corn.

I really like it on pork butts Be careful with chicken I have had complaints of it being too salty It is pretty versatile I woulld try it on fish

Do yourself a favor. Get a shaker of Plowboy's "The Jerk" too next time your out.

I have only used it on chicken currently, and I thought it was great.

I've used Plowboy's on pretty much everything but fish. I use Dizzy Pig Ragin River for salmon and it it awesome.

I learned the hard way it should be applied more like you would a seasoning and not like one that is sweet. At first I thought it was just salt. But after using it lightly. Found it very good. Great on ribs and corn on the cob

Last edited:
We use Yardbird a lot. Chicken, ribs, pork, eggs, popcorn, etc. It would do just fine with fish, but I usually use Plowboys Fin and Feather if I want a rub on fish. To me it seems somewhat similar to Yardbird but with a citrus kick.

Back