Tractor Rim Biscuits n Gravy

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
jeanie
I went camping again last weekend. This little lake doesn't have camp sites so I brought my tractor rim for cooking.

I put my biscuits in an oiled foil pie pan, top with another pan and wrap the whole thing in foil to hold them together. Then I flip them for even cooking.

250-1.jpg

Fried some spuds and onions, and browned my spicy hot sausage...

254-1.jpg

256-1.jpg

Made my sausage gravy...

259-1.jpg

263-1.jpg

Unwrapped the biscuits....

264-1.jpg

262-1.jpg

The biscuits and spicy sausage gravy, fried tatoes with onions and fruit. I like fruit! :redface:

276-1.jpg

273-1.jpg

Thanks for checking out my camp breakfast. :)

Everything looks great as usual! i like the way you cooked the biscuits i'll have to give that a try

Looks great Jeanie. Could you be talked into sharing your recipe for the sausage gravy - good lookin stuff?

Cowgirl, that is just plain awesome. You flat know how to cook my kinda breakfast. I thought the title was indicating the biscuits were going to be as big as tractor rims. LOL

WOW I luvs me some sausage gravey and biscuits.....mouthwatering vittles

I'm gonna be coming thru Oklahoma tonight on I-35 headin' south to Louisiana...any chance you could fix me up a plate and meet me somewhere:mrgreen:
Man that looks good Cowgirl!

Thank you everbody! I woulda shared with you. :-D

Ashmont, I was camping again... over Labor Day weekend. I went fishing. :-D

The sausage gravy is really easy. I use spicy hot bulk sausage. Jimmy Dean is a good brand. After it browns just add a couple of tablespoons of flour, then salt and cracked black pepper. Add milk and simmer until bubbly.
The spices in the hot sausage are enough flavoring, I do not add anything else.
It's an easy breakfast to make in the morning after you stay up around the campfire too late the night before. :redface::biggrin:

Thank you again everybody. You're all welcome at my campfire anytime. :biggrin:

At first I didn't even look who posted this Pron, by the 3rd Pic, I knew it had to be Jeanie, I just knew it, It all looked great, and I thought it was gonna be Tractor size style biscuits also, lol

Back