Board Resignation

Jeff_in_KC

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Was told Rod Gray resigned from the KCBS board this morning. That sucks! I know Rod was a good voice for us cookers and he will be missed on the board. I only hope his replacement has all of our interests at heart and listens to cookers like Rod did. Thank you for your service to the BBQ community, Rod.

For those interested a couple of fellow board members have posted their comments on the situation on the bbq-forum.

For those interested a couple of fellow board members have posted their comments on the situation on the bbq-forum.

Go to your room for mentioning the other forum.:shock:

But thanks, I'm going there now to check it out. :icon_devil

whoa... :shock:

thanks Rod... for your years of commitment and everything you've accomplished while on the BoD!

Rod was always responsive. He was an assest to the KCBS BOD, his voice on the BOD will be missed.

Thanks everyone. I enjoyed most of my time on the board. KCBS is an awesome organization and I'm proud to be a member.

Thanks for service Rod.
Enjoy the rest of your life on this planet doing what you enjoy doing now.

Thanks for your service Rod

Very interesting reading here...
http://pelletenvy.blogspot.com/

Sounds like the KCBS board is a lot like the City Council I'm a part of:shock:

Yeah, I think there is always a little dysfunction in any governmental unit, because there is always some disagreement with how things should be run, how the organization should grow etc. This is also true where I work. However, it is through a healthly discourse and ultimate compromise of our dissonant ideas that a solution comes about that is best for everyone, not just a few. The question is how much dysfunction in that process is too much--to the point that it is hurting everyone in the organization, not just the decision-makers?

I'm relatively un-sure that I don't know who he wasn't writing about. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I think there is always a little dysfunction in any governmental unit, because there is always some disagreement with how things should be run, how the organization should grow etc. This is also true where I work. However, it is through a healthly discourse and ultimate compromise of our dissonant ideas that a solution comes about that is best for everyone, not just a few. The question is how much dysfunction in that process is too much--to the point that it is hurting everyone in the organization, not just the decision-makers?
Very well said...and a very good question

If you guys haven't seen it, Rod posted on his blog a more specific reason for his resignation today:

http://pelletenvy.blogspot.com/

Very interesting... guess it's pretty obvious who he's talking about. At least it was when a rep told me a few stories that made sense.

The reason members can go to meetings now is because of person Rod is talking about. The reason you maybe able to call and listen to meetings soon is because of the person Rod is talking about.

Go back and look at who votes against these items.

Here is a motion made by this unreasonable BOD member
a motion for KCBS to adopt a policy which would require that each program, contract or venture of KCBS in the future, be budgeted and be economically sound and calculated to at least break even without economic loss to KCBS. Vote: 3 yes, 8 no 0 abstentions. Motion failed.

Pretty unreasonable way for a BOD member to act???

KCBS has been behaving as a Good Ole Boys network for a long time, that is not an easy culture to change and those that help make that change are not be well liked.

If you consider that you have not been able listen in or attend meetings innuendo becomes very easy. Go back and read old issues of the Bull Sheet, read the Board minutes and see who made motions and how the vote went.

Wonder what issue set Rod off?
You have now heard how Rod reacted to what went on in the meeting but you have no idea why this item was the straw that broke the camel's back. You wonder?

Read the minutes from the past 2 1/2 years and see who is working, what issues are brought forward by whom and how the vote went.

Things might not be as presented.

I will actually be having Rod on tonight to interview him about his side of the story to eliminate at least one side of specualtion. He should be on around 9:30pm EST and you can listen by going to www.latalkradio.com (Channel 1). The BBQ Central Show begins airing live at 9pm EST but that is the time I tentatively have set up for Rod's apperance.

This is not a spam post...just trying to let everyone who is interested in this topic know where you can go to hear a live interview.

If you have a question you would like to ask Rod you can call in (216-220-0966) or you can email bbqcentralradio@gmail.com

Thanks!

Greg

Back