Meat injector

B

Brandonnash

Does anyone know what kind of injector has the tube coming off the bottom of it that goes in a bucket of fluid? i think myron mixon from jack's old south uses one like that. thanks in advance

holy hell!!! no idea it would cost so much. i'm use to using the cheap ones that come with some marinades.

This hobby that has captivated our hearts can be expensive :wink:

i'm use to using the cheap ones that come with some marinades

Believe me, I understand! :D However, while your reloading your 2 or four ounce syringe I'm finishing up a butt and going on to the next one.

They are NOT practical for home use unless you do whole hams, shoulders, or lots of brisket and pork butt. For competition it saves me proabably an hour and I get much better distribution of the injected marinade.

We've got two of them - and I've still got to pay the Visa bill! :twisted:

i think i'll just keep on with my cheap ones for right now. until i can afford to drop that much on an injector right now. does anyone know of any other CHEAPER options that are above the standard plastic cheap as hell option. something that holds a little more liquid than the 2 oz models?

Here a suggestion for the more adventerous ones on the board. Take the 4oz that nmayeux linked to, drill a hole in the body near the needle, rig up a anti-siphon valve to fit the hole you drilled and then attach a rubber hose to the other side of the vavle.

CheapAss mod.

Back