That One Meat & One Rub That Calls You Back

At the moment it's wings with Oakridge smokey chili lime. I am seriously behind on my rub game though. Gonna have to work on that, though it might land me a divorce.....

Plow boys, secret weapon and hdd are my go to’s. But anything oak ridge Is in the rotation. Been meaning to try bovine and simply marvelous just haven’t gotten around to it.

For me, it's chicken wings, plus any one of 7-10 rubs from Penzeys.

Grill or oven, if I could eat wings everyday, or every other day, I'd die a happy man.

Not as sweet as some others. Really like it on spare ribs.
6b759e08b3daa22ed4a721f5fd026d49.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Right now it's pork ribs with Big Bald rub I can't get enough.

I ran out of this long ago but Simply Marvellous Cherry on Tri Tip.

The quest for cooking the perfect brisket is what keeps me coming back. Can't say I have a rub that I'm married to but the last brisket I did with a combo of Q Salt, Sucklebuster's Brisket Rub, and Oakridge Comp Beef & Pork was my best to date.

Yardbird is my baseline for chicken and ribs. Every time I use something else, it comes out good, but not as good as it could have been with Yardbird.

For beef, SPOG with rosemary. Ribs, my pumpkin pie spice rub.

Before I even read the first response i was thinking Plowboys Yardbird and chicken.

Wings with sweet seduction and a light coating of HDD on top.

I make my own, i don't buy that retail stuff.. Sometimes i'll add a tablespoon or two of that costco rub in as an extra. That way i don't get any fillers in my rubs, i also can add my own swerve and Just like Brown sugar to it, i've had hundreds eat my Pork butts and when you can deliver amazing sweet BBQ to people with diabetes and not spike their blood sugar... they buy more and more.

Back