Ique

B

Baggerhog

I am a noon by my standards I have only been smoking for two years. I have a large custom built offset smoker. I have smoked a turkey earlier this year and I am in the process of smoking one now. I purchased the ique110 to use on my uds I am building but decided to install on my offset just to give it a try. So far so good. It is not designed for a pit this big but I wanted to experiment a little. I am smoking a 17lb bird stuffed with red delicious apples, granny smith, and sweet onion all quartered. I used my own rub and I am smoking with white oak. I will post pics if I can figure it out.

CameraZOOM-20111124111250521.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I can get a whole hog on it. It has two doors. The one you see is to mop or check meat but I can open it up so its half open. I have cooked picnic cuts, pork butts, turkey, chicken, ribs, and of course I cook my corn and taters in it. It has a draw that I put corn in the husk it. It is the best roasted corn I have had.

Nice looking rig :thumb: Do you know what the exhaust is made out of? I have seen these before on UDS's or other pits and would like to find one.

I purchased it at a local hardware store. It is made for a wood stove. It works great as a rain shield.

That's some serious hardware you've got there. Congrats! Will you be sharing some pron with us so we can see how it cooks? Yummy, I'll bet! :wink:

That's the bird. The skin was a little darker than I would have liked but the turkey was amazing.

Back