Yeah it was early, but it was sooooo GOOD!!!

keale

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Well, Thanks to Meat Burner...I did my first Turkey! Overall impressions? I need more practice, thats for sure...skin was chewy.:redface: and I definitely burned the legs!:icon_blush:
I overcooked a little, Breast temp. was about 175*, thats what you get when you try to build a fence and cook at the same time...:-D But you know what? It wasn't dry at all, very moist, the taste was great!
I didn't brine, but I injected the night before, with a marinade made of Chicken broth, butter, lemon juice, garlic powder, sage, s & p. So very moist!
I wipped up a ten minute stuffing, sauteed onions, celery in olive oil, sage, garlic, and s & P, and added the turkey drippings. Did a few yams and mashed potatoes also!
Oh yeah made some pan gravy w/ the drippings and chicken broth...made a roux.
Yeah I was stuffed! and yeah it was early, but oh soooooo gooooood.
Pics. 1. Bird after one hour Breast side down
2. After 3 hours
3. Stuffing
4. Gravy
5. Turkey
6. My Plate!!

Sorry about the pics...still haven't learned to work my camera!!:mad2:

Sounds like it was a good dinner.

That sounds great Roy. I've got a large Turkey and a large ham in the fridge. The temptation to start early is very tempting.

I volunteer to come over and spent as long a necessary to teach you how to operate your camera!

Please send first class airline tickets for me and Parsley Lady :-D

Aloha. Way to go Roy! Now you are ready for the actual cook brother. Sounds like you are really close to having it down. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!!

I am thinking that there is an MRI in your neck of the woods that may require some work in the VERY near future if you keep cooking like this...........plus - my camera works so I can share pron.

Back