New offset build started ( With Pics)

that looks great FatDaddy and i were just talkin bout that sucker in woodpile chat....was gonna do search for it, now i dont gotta!!! that's just sick man

I am building right now and I too have the paint question.. Any reccomendations? Etching primer? high temp paint? Thanks in advance!

awesome looking pit, and im not trying to be a downer, but how does that trailer behind the truck. Looks super light in the tongue.

hello chris my name is michael i have built a custom offset out of a 275 gallon oil drum. i cut out 18 inches from the core and welded the 2 halves back together
my question is how do i maintain temp. inside the chamber. it is really difficult to do it. i could try and post some pictures of it. thanks if you could help

That looks FRAKING AWESOME. :thumb: I'm going to be starting two builds soon. A brick backyard setup and a 275 gal oil tank. Well I actually dug the foundation already. I hope mine look half that great.

You should paints some flames on the side so it looks like your going really fast!!:becky:

Thanks for the compliments everyone! Here are a few pictures of it all painted up. I still have plans to add a wood rack on the side, and a storage box in front, but had to get it ready to cook for my mom for her annual labor day party. Excuse the temporary lights, I didn't want to weld something on only to have to remove it later. Tomorrow will be it's first road trip!

EDIT: Forgot to add, cooking 20 racks of ribs (BB), 70-80 Moinks, and 20-30 cloinks tomorrow. I may have to come back and grab the drum!

"Cloinks" ????

Have I been missing something, been here a while but don't remember seeing this.......

Paul B
SS UDS

Back